Broken projects, HELP!!!!!!

It does!

Are all the VSTi’s silent, or just Nexus?

All the VSTi’s are silent.

We had a problem on an old system (XP) where it was nearly locking up when changing VST connections.

Is this a problem?

HI
Did you already tryed to delete preferences i
WIndows: Delete Folder C:\Users"Your User Name"\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 6

https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/removing-the-preferences-of-the-sequencer/kb_back/2025.html

save folder first

then intitialised all settings?

Greetz Bassbase

Hi!

I have not tried that. I’m just wondering how that is a soloution, since i’m guessing that all preferences was reset after I re-installed my OS.

(Honest question, no attitude intended) :stuck_out_tongue:

Deleting preferences seems to be an industry panacea for a quick fix when things have maybe been corrupted somehow.
Not sure but it could be a way of cleaning registry areas that have become corrupt or conflicting with some other OS data.

Oh well, i’ll give it a try when I get home, I am at work at the moment.
I sent an email to Steinberg support a couple of days ago and I still haven’t gotten an answer… Helpful bunch -.-

OK, I am going to ask maybe two really stupid question: Is your Stereo Out connected via the VST Connections? Can you play any audio from your computer? Lastly, are your channels routed to the Stereo Out?

Ofcourse they are! Everything is routed completely correct.
All the audio files / auido recordings are working perfectly. Just all the instrument tracks are broken.

OK, if I have this right, Nexus is your go-to software for playing midi. Is your Nexus elicenser up to date and does it show Nexus? Does Cubase show the Nexus software as it loads a project? Might your problem be Nexus and not Cubase?Have you tried the Steinberg synths for playing the midi notes?

You didn’t answer the question: Can you play audio from your computer?

In my old projects, the VSTs I normally use are Nexus, Massive, Sylenth-1, albino, Vanguard etc etc… All these work fine and are correctly installed.
All VST-plugins work if i’m working on a new project, it’s the old projects that are broken…

I explained this in my first post, read again and you’ll get my problem :slight_smile:

If you mean if I can play my guitar from Cubase, yes.
If you mean if I can playback my audio, yes.
All audio is working.

It sounds like the saving of each synth’s patch data is not being restored on loading the old project. Hence the init patches. How that could happen I am unsure. I wondered if the VT id’s were incorrect but then you would not get a VST at all,. hmm. You might try actually opening the project file (.cpr) in word pad just to see if there is anything obvious. Each vst should have saved its patch data in there.

Well I wouldn’t see if anything was wrong, I have no idea how it is supposed to look in there. Someone mentioned “restore patch data”, how would I do that?

I don’t know if you resolved the issue or not, but for anyone having this problem here’s the solution that worked for me. I had the same problem with one of my old projects. It seemed that somehow the vst instruments in the racks got switched off. All I had to do was enable every rack instrument by clicking the “power” button of the instruments in the rack and I had sound again and the project was working as normal… I hope that this works for you…