Broomstick bass problem

hmm - I have it in the same folder and since I’m using CB 32 bit it should work…
mystifying…

madsv. Do you have two instances perhaps?

Do you mean two instances of broomstick ? - no…

I only say two instances because I some time ago had a series of vst problems - mainly GUI not drawing, some audio errors and I had inadvertantly duplicated some of the .dll files

Is it listed in the Plug-in Manager under VSTi ?

yes - but under vst effects and not vst instruments…

a re-install didn’t help either . it’s still under effects :frowning:
Very strange since it works for parrotspain…
Mads

Did you try installing it with admin rights ?
You know right click the installer and “run as admin”.
Although this seems mostly an issue on Windows 10, it is still worth a try.

Any news on your project? I might be willing to donate towards development costs. Hail Bornemark.

Resampling done, and first instruments made in Kontakt. Doing instruments as I need them. Sounds great. Working on key switching and arps. However and alas I cannot distribute. I talked to Sven Bornemark who told me it would violate user agreement. :frowning:

You could try this
Find the file Vst2xBlacklist Cubase
Its in users/username/AppData/Roaming/Steinberg/Cubase8.xxxx (it may be hidden)
Delete it
Reinstall your broomstick bass

Hippo

Tried (among a bunch of others)! Alas does not work. After Mountain Lion it is impossible to make older pluggs work. Same problem with WizooVerb and a couple of others.

I hope Modest-Expert has broadened his expertise learning about MIDI Out with Broomstick Bass … playing Trillium, ModoBass or whatever one chooses! :smiley:

Anyway for the interested I just installed Broomstick Bass on Win 10 using JBridge and under Cubase 9.5 all works a treat! Including MIDI Out.

You are lucky then. Won’t run on newer mac OS. No wrapper will work either. Only way to make use of it on newer MAC OS is to:

Sample the whole thing on an older computer/OS and make a Falcon or Kontakt instrument out of it. = Lot of work and you still loose the interface.
Use two computers (one old/one new) and link them with either VST link or VEPro. The old can be either PC or MAC. The first requires two sound cards with digital in/out. Requires some money, but works perfectly. A little hazzle to set up.

The real “error” here is that Apple does not support Rosetta anymore, and older pluggs need that. And/Or that Bornemark don’t care or have the rights to develop Broomstick further.