as I have explored this problem a little deeper, I wanted to open a thread about it:
Start Stop doesnt work as it should in Mackie Mode / Bluetooth
Using my Studiologic Mixface SL as DAW Controller (DAW-Mode). Connected via Bluetooth. Connected in Mackie Mode. Everything works as it should: Pressing the play button of the Mixface lets Cubasis Start and Stop Playing all the other Buttons / Slider work as they should.
But: After a random number of presses (sometimes just about 5x, sometimes after 80x) Cubasis reacts to the presses different: It executes on every press the Rewind Command instead of alternating between Start and Stop. (Lets call this the “Rewind mode”)
Now: If I keep on pressing the button, again after a random number of pressing it stops executing the rewind command and switches back to the correct behavior: It again alternates between Start and Stop!
3. Expected Results
Should alternate Start / Stop and not got into “Rewind Mode”
4. Actual Results
Randomly switches between “Start / Stop Mode” and “Rewind mode” for the Start/Stop Button of the Mixface.
- When Cubasis seems to be in “Rewind Mode” the other Buttons / Sliders / Jog Dial still work as they should. Only the Start Button seems affected.
- If "Rewind mode is not elicitable after many presses of Start / Stop, I can elicit it sometimes by pressing record and then stopping Record by pressint Start/Stop.
- I could reproduce this behavior always after some presses, when the Connection is via Bluetooth. I could NEVER bring it into “Rewind mode”, when the Mixface is connected via USB Port3!
- Its really evil, because, when I want to record/play and it jumps to the start everytime I press play, its unnerving. Its even more unnerving, that I sometimes had to press the button more than 80x until it springs back to normal behavior. I sometimes could go back faster by recording in between, but sometimes not
- Hooray: I found a workaraound to end the evil “Rewind mode”. Going into Setup and switching Mackie Control off, then again on: and: Hooray: Start / Stop works again als hoped! (So I can work with it at last).
Studiologic Mixface SL FW 1.03 (newest). Ipad or Iphone (same behavior) with IOS 14.6 and Cubasis 3.31
Now my questions:
- Has anyone similar problems with another Controller (I suspect, its not the Controller, but who knows…
- Are there similar reports of other users?
- can this problem be adressed?