[BUG] 5.5 with Eucon 2.6.2 during autosave

When Nuendo finally becomes active again after autosave, eucon control is unstable. Specifically, the touch screen on the Avid control does not behave as expected. For example, I can turn a parameter on, but then I can’t turn it off.

Can anyone repro?

Also, any programmers out there?

I think that a automated save reminder application that would pop up on the screen would be way more useful than our currently situation.

Can’t seem to repro here?

Here’s exactly what happens… I’ll be on the automation page… double tapping buttons to lock my Punch To parameters… in the middle of this autosave will start and 4 days later when it’s done, my double taps don’t work. I can no loger turn the Punch To buttons off. Same thing has happend a few times.

For a work around, I set an alarm on my cellphone. When it goes off, I finish what I’m doing and save, then reset the alarm for 15 minutes later.

I’m still so aggravated that SB would release this out to us in this state.

Also, any programmers out there?

I think that a automated save reminder application that would pop up on the screen would be way more useful than our currently situation.

Voila:

I just finished TheSaveReminder:
Every 10 minutes it will show a little box close to your mouse reminding you to press ctrl-s.

http://www.maisch.at/TSR/TheSaveReminder.html

tell me how you like it :smiley:

Bernhard!!!

Awesome man, i’m running it right now… only been a minute but I’ll report back :slight_smile:

Thank you for doing this!!

YES!!!

I’m so happy about this

thank you bernard

YES!!!
I’m so happy about this
thank you bernard

Hi KDS, you´re welcome!

Seems we invented “manual auto-save” or is it “automated manual-save”?

Today I started using TheSaveReminder at our mixing stage. Nuendo autosaveing always interrupted the workflow, especially with N5.5.1´s longer saving times.

This is brilliant, Thanks!

Bye / Tumppi

The save time is still long but the ability complete a thought first is HUGE!

Just for fun

This is a batch file that will launch TSR and Nuendo at the same time… so you never forget.

create a new text file copy the text below.
Be sure to change your exe locations to where they actually are on your machine

@echo off
start “” “C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Nuendo 5.5\Nuendo5.exe”
start “” “C:\Program Files (x86)\TSR\TSR\TSR.exe”

Save as Nuendo5TSR.bat

now put the .bat someplace and create a shortcut to put on your desktop

right click the shortcut, properties, change icon

when you get to the list of icons, hit browse and locate your nuendo folder. Select Nuendo5.exe and you can use the nuendo icon for you shortcut.