[Bug] Audio Tracks Disappear After Undo, Again

Even though I was under the assumption that the umlaut was part of the Unicode character set, I never, ever use terrestrial characters to avoid the classic character encoding problems.

So Frieder to answer your question, no I did not use the umlaut in my audio nor projects.

But to confirm your bug, I copied some umlaut characters from the web, for my US keyboard does not create them and used the ö, Ä, é, and ß in some project and audio names.
After 2 recording takes that had some trim and normalise actions, I used the undo button, and presto; All audio tracks are empty!

I’m glad you guys discovered this bug, for you are getting close to solve the problem.
Keep up the good work!

Hello, an update from me

FYI no umlauts used either, and they wont be in the near future based on the above posts!!!

Any update on this?

This has just happened to me yet again. Lost another 3 days work. No obvious reason. Pressed undo by accident and it said it couldn’t find the file and wiped the bloody file clean.

Sorry Steinberg but this is not really good enough. This is extremely unreliable. I am now heading off to Auria.

Something was mentioned in the upcoming update 1.4
Hope this curse is then a thing of the past.
Jan

So far, no undo track kills anymore with 1.4

Jan