Bug: bar numbers and rehearsal marks

Just some minor things.

  1. Bar numbers not clearing the bracket wings after reducing the minimum distance from the stave.
  2. Rehearsal marks not aligning with systemic barline after the relevant engraving option is selected.
    Screen Shot 2016-10-24 at 12.02.27 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-24 at 12.02.14 AM.png

When you tell the bar numbers to draw sufficiently close to the staff that they collide with the wings on the brackets, what do you expect them to do?

I’ll look into the issue with the rehearsal marks not being aligned with the systemic barline. Looks like a little bug might have crept in there.

I would expect them to attempt some sort of (probably vertical) collision avoidance, similar to how they avoid other elements.

And while I’ve got you - another bug I’ve just noticed is that layout renames aren’t saved when reopening a project. I was going to create a .gif of it happening but I’ve just run into another bug where Dorico freezes when either starting a new score from a template or adding a player to a new empty project. It’s not crashing mind you, just showing the little stopwatch.
Screen Shot 2016-10-25 at 11.24.06 AM.png

I don’t think you can expect that when you manually override the position definitions.

Ahhh, apologies, you’re absolutely right. I shouldn’t expect them to avoid the wings at all.

What I would expect is an option to position the first bar number of a system in a different way to other bar numbers, as is the case in Sibelius.
Screen Shot 2016-10-25 at 12.18.30 PM.png

The problem with Dorico hanging when starting a new project happens if the Mixer window is left open from the first project. This is a pretty bad bug and I’m sorry it slipped through the net, but if you remember to close the Mixer before you start a new project or open another one, then hopefully it won’t bite you again.

We’ll see about adding another option for the positioning of bar numbers to the right of the clef if they’re at the start of the system.