Bug: Bar numbers appearing where they shouldn't

It seems my bar numbers aren’t following the layout options I’ve set. When set to ‘below’ the bar numbers are not being hidden at rehearsal marks. Maybe this is intended so that in larger scores there is continuity along the bottom of the score, but in solo parts it looks silly. Bar numbers are also being shown at the beginning of multi-bar rests, which I don’t believe should be happening with the “Show ranges…” option enabled.

I’d also like to request an option to show ranges centred under the barline at the beginning of the multi-bar rest, and that the “Bar number range distance” option in Engraving Options → Rests → Multi-bar Rests be moved into Layout → Bar Numbers → Placement.

That setting only applies to bar numbers that would otherwise collide with a rehearsal mark. Whether you like it or not, this is by design, not a bug.

To me, that’s not what the wording implies. If for some reason it is by design, an option to suppress them at both aforementioned locations would be most welcome.

See Aggressive collision-avoidance by rehearsal marks - Dorico - Steinberg Forums for confirmation that this is working as designed.

I can understand the team’s reasoning behind the decision, but only insofar as it relates to alphabetical rehearsal marks. Where the rehearsal marks are themselves operating as glorified bar numbers it seems counterintuitive to display them.

Are rehearsal marks supposed to act as/being used as bar numbers? I never saw a connection between those two or used them that way. I always place a rehearsal mark (letter or number) on new or important musical sections.

In musical theatre scores at least, rehearsal marks aren’t numbered/lettered sequentially, but rather displayed as the bar number at which they appear.