Quick Description: When doing multilane recording, selecting all events on a track and choosing Bounce Selection does nothing at all.
Scenario: Record a bunch of vocal takes. Slice it up and use the new comping workflow to select the best takes for each vocal phrase (lanes view on). Select all of the events on the track and choose Audio->Bounce Selection and nothing at all happens. Switch off lanes view and try again–it works?
- Put Cubase in loop record (not necessary but makes it easier to record multiple takes)
- Insert Mono Audio Track
- Arm track
- Create a range to loop record in
- Hit record and sing a few takes
- Slice up the takes
- Use comping feature to select the best parts to make your perfect take (note you are in lanes view)
- Right click the track strip and choose “Select all events”
- From Audio menu, choose Bounce Selection
Result: Nothing at all
10. Turn off lanes view while all events are still selected
11. From Audio menu, choose Bounce Selection again
Result: It works when lanes view is turned off
I can provide the project if someone in Steinberg can’t repro.