Like the Rotary bug I reported, this one has also been around for a while.
- Open a new project, set it to 120 BPM.
- Create a stereo audio track.
- Use “TestGenerator” as an insert effect. The default settings are fine.
- Use “Chorus” as an insert effect.
- Set the Mix knob to 100%, Spatial to 100, and the Rate knob to 1/4
- Now try changing the waveform shape to sine. The sound doesn’t change.
- Change it back to triangle. Now the sound changed, even though that’s the default setting.
So, the Chorus effect has two wave forms:
-The default is supposed to be triangle. It has a “jumpy” behavior.
-The other option is sine, which creates much smoother modulation.
But while the waveform shape switch is set to triangle by default, it actually sounds like a sine. You have to click this switch twice to actually get a triangle, which is the intended default value.