BUG? Cubase 13.30 removing instruments causes crash

when I remove any instrument track cubase crashes.

1. open empty project
  2. create an instrument track with a vst.
  3. right click remove instrument, cubase instantly crashes.

here is the crash report.

Cubase 13-2024-03-29-100525.ips (390.5 KB)

is this just on my system or is any one else getting similar behaviour ?

cubase 13.30
MacBook Pro - m1 pro
Sonoma 14.1.1

1 Like

Hi,

This is a known and already reported issue. Thank you

1 Like

Same behavior here as well and totally repeatable.
Open Cubase 12 project in Cubase 13.30
Try to remove a VSTi instrument track.
Cubase crashes to the desktop.
Sometimes it produces a crashlog and sometimes it doesn’t.

Hi,

It’s a known issue.

Make sure, the Fader section is not visible in the Inspector, once you are disabling the track.

This suppose to be fixed in the next update.

1 Like

Hi,

Cubase 13.0.40 with the fix has been released.

1 Like

Still crashes when VSTi is removed in either track or VSTi panel. Unable to remove a VSTi 2. Version 13.0.41.256 on Windows 11 PC

Hi,

Attach the *.ips/dmp file, please.

Thanks Martin. I was able to remove offending VSTi2 and track by booting N13 in safe mode. Seems stable now. I’ll check and see if it generated a log, but just always just froze and had to be terminated with task manager after freeze when removal was attempted.

1 Like

Nuendo 12.0.70.464 64bit 2024.6.4 18.00.53.198.dmp (714.4 KB)

@Martin.Jirsak All the crashes this month have 0 KB file size, and no content, except this last month’s crash. The behavior for the 0 KB files crashes was: N13 locked up and froze, needed to quit using task manager. Now that VST2i has been removed from the project tracks and VSTi panel, things seem to be working as expected. I’m going to rename VST plugin and see if older projects will just avoid loading it.

This dmp file is from Nuendo 12 and not 13 and it shows that the reason for the crash is in the Syntronik plugin

Do you also have a dmp file from Nuendo 13?

@Martin.Jirsak @JuergenP All the N13 crash dumps are zero file size. Everything seems stable now. removed offending VST2 plugin from VST folder and removed tracks from older projects created in N12 that I’m running in N13.

Now on to e-license depreciation for N12 Steinberg has planned. I’m running N12 on my local with an USB stick, have to check on the process for dealing with that with new license manager.

@Martin.Jirsak @JuergenP Also a bit odd that crash file shows Windows 10 as here is what I run:

Edition Windows 11 Pro
Version 23H2
Installed on ‎1/‎28/‎2024
OS build 22631.3880
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22700.1020.0

That is normal, Microsoft internally still calls it Windows 10 with different build numbers. The important piece here is the OS_VERSION and the number 22612, which identifies what you see as Windows 11 23H2.

Here is a link to a Microsoft page, listing all the different numbers

Windows 11 - release information | Microsoft Learn

Nuendo 12 is already on the new Steinberg Licenseing, you don’t need the eLicenser for this release.

Your eLicenser Control Center is probably showing something like “Upgraded to Steinberg Licensing” next to the Nuendo entry.

Open your Activation Manager and there you will find the license for Nuendo 12 and 13.

@JuergenP I ckeck again, but only 13 in the new license manager, 12 in e-license app. I want to make sure I have my paperwork in hand before I press maintenance or registration buttons in e-license app. so I don’t have any problems though. I was an upgrade from N3, so might be something a bit different.

Can you make screenshots from the eLicenser Control Center and the Activation Manager and post them here? Please make sure you blur the license codes.

@JuergenP Yamaha/Steinberg Support reports my 12 license rolled into my 13 upgrade and not to worry about loss of 12 when switch comes as it will still work. Fugers crossed, and many thanks for clarifing responses.

Ah, yes… I missed that :slight_smile: So good to know you are all set.