[BUG] Cubase 6.03 - Record broken when click turned off/on.

I can’t be alone in not wanting to return my settings to default. Please let us know if we can expect a hotfix for this or if we’ll have to revert to 6.02 for quite a while. i for one can barely work here with this bug. i’ve already accidentally ruined 2 good drum takes due to force of(good) habit.

YES!! A bullet dodged, nice work PEOPLE AT STEINBERG!!

Thankfully I only had to find my audio driver and I was off and running. I suspect that those with huge presets may have to spend more time. Eh, all good here including the record while engaging the click. Nice fix, I am very happy! :smiley:

I reset the Default.xml as described

All seemed well, I put back in all my personal set up which took quite a while - I hadn’t realised how extensively I had edited my menus, toolbars and displays. finally I added in my Faderport. Still OK.

Then I noticed that the metronome had gone back to the beep. I reset to my habitual small tambourine sound…and guess what- Back to square one!

The moral of the story is, wait for the fix, however frustrating.

P

The same issue. Turning click on|off during play|rec makes a clicks!
Win 7 x64, Cubase 6.0.3, RME FF400

OK, I am backing up - this fix is flawed. It did seem to work if you run with the factory beeps that are reset when you alter the xml file. The thing is these factory beeps are reverse polarity and I hate that, so I made my own recordings that are in phase and run with them. As I loaded the recorded sounds, the whole problem was back.

Also I realize that the recorded sounds are not able to load properly. It seems that the beeps are still part of the audio somehow. Its like there are two sounds - the beep and my recorded sound as well now. ??? This is messed up. And this new combination is reverse polarity, BTW. I can’t win.

Wow, and then it starts doing the sputtering on record as you turn the click on and off just like it used to. Although now when you erase the recorded track that you made while engaging/disengaging the click, this process behaves really oddly. It will erase the first part of the track, before the glitch that creates a second part of the track, and then, as you see the second part of the track still sitting there with seemingly no way to click on it to erase it - it suddenly disappears. Woah.

Ah, it was too good to be true Steinberg. Sorry if I gave anyone here false hope. :blush:

Indeed the issue is related to specific metronome settings.
Thank you all for your reports so far.

Gr,
JHP

If I’ve saved a project with 6.0.3, will it still open in 6.0.2 if I feel the need to revert?

Cubase 6.0.3 stutters/glitches when i activate the metronome, even when recording midi.
Didn’t have this problem in any previous version. Also noticing random audio dropouts even under light cpu load. Reverting to 6.0.2 for now.

I use some “custom drumstick samples” clicks, for my metronome sound, and all works exactly as expected, no problems at all. I cannot confirm this on my system. Recording is never messed with. I’m on W7 64bit

Aloha guys,

Just to chime in on this.

I have the same prob with Mac.
Even when just using VSTi’s (no audio files)

I say this because I have noticed that most users in this thread use PCs.

{‘-’}

Not spotted this. By mouse or “C” key or both? Will try later.

I’ve replied your previous post regarding opening 6.0.3 files in 6.0.2.
For what it’s worth, I don’t have any problems opening a project with 6.0.2. modified or created with 6.0.3.

For those that view this forum from the outside:
If you are not logged in you will see the message “You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post” instead of the attachements. Be aware that to view the attachments in this post and the entire forum you have to be logged into your MySteinberg forum account. You can setup your forum login through your MySteinberg account:
https://www.steinberg.net/en/mysteinberg/create_account.html

To clarify the metronome issues:
Issue 1. Under certain conditions audio recordings may break when the click is turned on during the recording.
Workarounds:

• Regenerate the defaults.xml. After this do not change the metronome setup to not have the issue occur again.
    This is how to default the defaults.xml:
    Rename the defaults.xml to “inactive_defaults.xml”
    You can find your “defaults.xml” here:
    Mac: Users/Your Username/Library/Preferences/Cubase 6
    XP: C:\Documents & Settings*Your Username*\Application Data\Steinberg\Cubase 6
    Vista/7: C:\Users*Your Username*\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 6

• If you must change the metronome sounds to samples or VST’i then you can activate the click before you press record and not switch it on and off during a recording.

• Another possibility would be to work with click tracks.

Issue 2. Turning the click On/Off may cause volume drop
Since the 6.03 update a drop in volume is noticeable when the click is turned on/off.
Workarounds:

• Activate the click before pressing play.
  • Click Tracks

The issues will of course not remain unresolved and are taken very seriously.

If you cannot consider the workarounds for your way of working the option to reinstall Cubase and then install the previous 6.02 update is there. By deinstalling and then reinstalling Cubase you will not lose your preferences, projects or plugins. This is how you go back:

-----Regarding Click Tracks:
Youtube: Tutorials on Click Track’s
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Cubase+Clicktrack&aq=f

I have a project template with some click tracks in it and would like to provide it here. This so you can save it as a template:
It is attached to this post:
[attachment=0]ClickTracks_MetronomeProject_Template.zip[/attachment]
For Windows:

• Unzip file “MetronomeTracks_Windows_Template.zip”
  • Copy the folder “ClickTracks_MetronomeProject.cpr” to
    C:\ProgramData\Steinberg\Project Templates

For Mac:

• Unzip file “MetronomeTracks_Template.zip” to a folder of your choice
  • Open the cpr file in the folder
  • When Cubase cannot find the audio files use the search and locate function to automatically find the audio files
  • Once you have loaded the project you can click on File—> Save as Template

Mac&Windows: To use the Template:

• Start Cubase
  • Create a new project (Control+N)
  • In the project assistant click on “More”, choose the “MetronomeTemplate” template and click on “Create”.
  • Choose a click track that you would like to use for the project
  • Set other click tracks to the output “No Bus” so you will not hear them anymore.
  • Select the click part that you would like to use and press Control+D (you can also hold it) to copy the click over a longer time range.

Thank you all for your reports and feedback!
Gr,
JHP
ClickTracks_MetronomeProject_Template.zip (337 KB)

Yes I was a victim of this during a session yesterday. This is a horrible bug and I hope they issue an immediate fix. Hard to believe this was not caught during the beta testing.

Thanks for posting the workaround.

To those experiencing this issue:

Does this only happen when you turn on/off the metronome WHILE and DURING recording?
Or does the problem also occur when you turn the metronome on or off BEFORE hitting the rec-button?

I am asking this, since I have not had any issues with the click on Cubase 6.0.3 so far, but I have also not switched the metronome on or off while the recording was active.

Thanks,
Lars

I haven’t seen it happen yet when toggling the metronome outside of record.

OK, thanks !

steinberg are working on a fix for this for the next update