Bug? Cubase Crashes when I add a time signature event

After years of using Cubase on PC I’m moving to Mac, and up until now my experience has been pretty good. Today I found a major, glaring problem that pretty much leaves me unable to work. When I add a time signature change event to the Temp Track editor, it crashes the system almost instantly.

Steps:

1.) Start a new, empty project
2.) Open the Temp Track Editor
3.) Select the Pencil tool
4.) Click on the time signature bar
5.) Add a time signature event, like 5/4
6.) Crash

Sometimes I can get in one more step, like clicking to add another time signature event, or zooming the editor, and sometimes it just instantly crashes. It definitely does not like time signatures other than 4/4. I really need this functionality, but I think I have the latest version. This seems like a pretty major bug, has anyone else seen this? Is there a work around? Thanks!

Cubase Version: 5.5.3
Mac Book Pro
2.2 GHZ Intel Corei7
8gigs RAM

This will not be reproducible, because this is a system bug. First you need to trash your preferences: https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/removing-the-preferences-of-the-sequencer/kb_back/2025.html?tx_p77sbknowledgebase_pi1[keyword_search]=Preferences

Remember to keep your old ones handy in case this doesn’t fix the problem. Your next step would be to email tech support your LOG file, we don’t do very well reading those :mrgreen: :

https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/what-are-error-and-exception-messages/kb_back/2025.html?tx_p77sbknowledgebase_pi1[keyword_search]=crash

Thanks Bane, I’m looking forward to seeing you take on Batman :slight_smile:

I tried removing and regenerating the preferences folder, no luck. I’ll submit my log. Thanks for the advice!

I´ve got exactly the same problem. Have you found out anything about it yet?
I´ll file a support request too…maybe we´ve found a bug in 5.5.3

I have exactly the same problem/ any resolve yet??? :confused:

I do have a work-around solution. Create signature changes from within the Browser (Command+B). That doesn’t crash.