[BUG] Deleting audio files in Wavelab Pro 9.5

Wavelab Pro 9.5 is crashing every time I try to delete an audio file from the “Info” tab

Is there a way to delete audio files permanently from the hard disc when auditioning them directly in the Wavelab file browser?
I noticed that you cannot longer delete an audio file in Windows Explorer when the file is open in Wavelab Pro 9.5 at the same time.
In Wavelab Pro 9 this task was possible.

What I need to do is, going through hundreds of audio files with the cursor down, check them and delete them individually.

Sorry, this bug will be fixed in next version.
There is no direct command to delete a file.
But normally the procedure should be:

• double click on the file you want to delete in the file browser (this opens the file)
  • Use the Delete Command (Alt + Shift + BackSpace is a shortcut)
  • Confirm

Good to hear, really like auditioning my sample libraries with Wavelab but doing so I run into quite a lot of crap that I want to delete fast and easy.

I would like to kindly point out that deleting an audio file in Windows Explorer when the file is open in Wavelab Pro 9.5 at the same time, is still not possible in the latest WL version.

I would like to kindly point out that deleting an audio file in Windows Explorer when the file is open in Wavelab Pro 9.5 at the same time, is still not possible in the latest WL version.

If the file is opened in WaveLab, it’s normal you can’t delete it.

Hi Philippe,

but I can delete it in Wavelab 9!! Please try it out.
This is why I reported the bug.

If a file is open in visible in WaveLab 9, I can’t delete it.

I did not react earlier because I was rather busy , but I find quite unacceptable that such an upgrade (WaveLabPro 9.5) crashes every time you want to delete a file within it, i.e. via the window File => info => Delete button
How such a BUG is possible ???
I am using a MacbookPro running High Sierra.
BTW I saw just a few minutes ago an upgrade to Wavelab 9.5 1.5 , I will downlaod it and test the delete function on the spot

AMG

I just downloaded update 9.5.25 build 117. It still can’t delete a file from the wavelab file browser, or re-name it as a matter of fact. Very annoying to have to get out of wavelab every time to want to do either of these operations.

Works fine here under windows. Perhaps a Mac only issue.

I’m using Windows 10. Can’t delete file in the file browser, can’t re-name them. Can’t put ISRC into wavs (even the free Sonoris tool will do that), so that’s what I have to use. More than a bit disappointed with wl 9.5… not that stable on Windows 10 either…moan, moan.

I can’t think what you’re doing wrong. Works fine here for both delete and rename. How are you attempting to rename a file (provide precise details)? If you provide a precise step-by-step I will gladly test again.

See Justin’s answer to your post here:

It still can’t delete a file from the wavelab file browser, or re-name it as a matter of fact

This feature does not exist. However, you can rename or delete a file opened in WaveLab.

For ISRC, you have to edit the wav metadata.

Whoops! I may have missed your point. You were talking about the file browser. I was referring to File / Info page where you can rename and delete.

But you can delete the file in the file browser using PG’s instructions above:

• double click on the file name to open it in wavelab
  • press Alt + Shift + backspace to delete the file

Works fine here.