Bug: Deleting/cutting first/second notes from chords will mess up tuplets rhythm

Hello everyone!
I think I’ve stumbled upon a bug…
Version: Dorico 3.1.10.1032
Steps to reproduce:

1. input triplet 2-note eighth chords
  2. Edit → Filter → Notes in Chords → Second Note or Single Note → delete/cut selected notes
  3. The triplet rhythm of the remaining notes gets erased and turned into normal eighth notes, i.e. the triplet rhythm is completely lost

Is there already a fix for this?

Thanks!

Best regards

Marian

Welcome to the forum, Marian.

It is intentional that when you filter notes, tuplets themselves remain selected. This is useful if your next step is to copy and paste the material somewhere else. Clearly it’s less useful if your next step is to cut the notes. You’ll need to deselect the tuplets before you cut (which you can do by way of the filters, making use of the deselect only option at the top of the menu.

Depending on the length of your selection, it may be quicker to select a single note, Cmd/Ctrl-Shift-A to Select More (once for a single chord, twice for the bar, thrice for the system) - which will only select notes - then Filter Second or Single Notes.

1 Like

Hi @pianoleo
Thank you for your reply!
Ok, I understand.

But how can I then retain the triplet rhythm for the second notes in the chord for example and just cut them out and paste them into another instrument? Is there an easy way for this?

My use case is this: I have written Flute 1 and 2 to the same staff as chords (not using different voices) and now I wanted to separate the lower notes and paste it to the Flute 2 staff but retain the triplet rhythm. When I cut out the filtered lower notes the remaining upper notes have the triplets removed. If I then paste the cut out lower notes to the Flute 2 staff then the triplet rhythm is copied over however. How can I retain the rhythm in both staves?

Thanks!

Best regards

Marian

The easiest way by far is to select the Flute 1 stave, copy, Edit > Paste Special > Explode.

1 Like

@pianoleo Ah, perfect! Paste special → explode works perfectly! Thanks a lot for this solution!

1 Like

It’s well worth assigning a keyboard shortcut to this if you’re likely to use it a lot…

1 Like

@pianoleo Yes, good idea!