Bug: Hang Dongle problem

Hi. Please investigate this as a possible bug:

I hate dongles. I have a macbook pro which has two usb ports. One has enough power to only power one disk drive, so I have to use the other to power anything else including the dongle and mouse.

For this reason, it is necessary to remove the dongle at times whilst cubase is still open. This comes up with the syncrosoft error, which normally is fine, because you can simply plug the dongle back in, hit retry, and cubase should carry on. This generally happened fine with previous versions.

However with cubase 6. Try removing the dongle, using Expose and spaces a few times, opening up a web page, then closing it. This causes cubase to become un-selectable, so that one can’t carry on with cubase as normal.

when one hits the expose button, the arrange page shows up, but is not selectable…

Either way this is quite a bad bug for me as Cubase’s silly dongle (which I hate) has caused cubase to crash three times already. I know one of you is likely to say ‘just don’t unplug the dongle’ but unfortunately the hogging of a usb port on a macbook is inconvenient to say the least, and Steinberg should make it unplug-able like cubase used to be…

O.K. this is a symptom of a larger problem. Basically Cubase windows do not ‘Expose’ properly when they are set to ‘always on top’. This is confusing the hell out of cubase. I will re-post this as a new issue…