BUG - Import from track archive

When importing tracks from track archive:

Imported tracks will no longer output to their original imported group track if the existing project has a group track with that same name. Imported tracks change their original outputs to the group track already existing in the project. This only happens when the imported group track shares the same name as a group track that already exists in the project. Upon import, Cubase will route it to the pre-existing group track, not the group track you are importing.

To recreate:

1. Export selected tracks: “Track 1” that outputs to “Group 1”
  2. Create a new project
  3. Import the tracks from step 1 using import from track archive
  4. Delete “Track 1” and input tracks from step 1 again
  5. Notice “Track 1” is no longer outputting to the imported “Group 1” track, it is now outputting to the existing “Group 1” track

Can’t wait to see a fix : )

Thanks for all you do

Cubase 9.5

Hi,

I cannot reproduce this behaviour.

Where is the Track 1 routed to after step 3? DO I understand right, the track is routed to Group 1? Where does the Group 1 comes from? Did you create it? When? Do you import to a new track or to an existing track?

As far as I know, the imported track should be routed to the main out.

Is it the same when do you use Import from Project?

Hey Martin! Here’s a second try:

1. Start new project
  2. Create a group track and name it A
  3. Create a group track and name it B
  4. Rout A to B (output A into B) and leave B routed to main/stereo out
  5. export selected tracks (both A and B at the same time)
  6. While keeping A and B in the current project, import tracks A and B using import from track archive
  7. Notice how imported A is no longer outputting to imported B as it should, it is now outputting to EXISTING B

Q: Is it the same when do you use Import from Project?
    A: Importing group tracks from project does not seem possible right now, as no group tracks are shown in the import window, only audio/instrument/midi tracks show in the import window

This happens not only with direct output routing, but also for send routings