Bug in Montage Scroll View

WaveLab Pro 10.0.40, Windows 10. (Have not tested on macOS yet.)

In the montage, when in “Scroll View”, the green playback cursor stops moving when the end of the Montage comes in view. It will resume moving if you zoom in enough.

I can attempt to replicate on my Mac and do a screen capture if necessary.

I am not seeing a problem here.
BTW, I don’t recommend “Scroll View” for the montage, if this one is “complex”, because of the heavy CPU consumption of this option.

Strange, I just loaded up the problem montage and was unable to immediately replicate the problem. I was also unable to immediately replicate it on my Mac at home.

In either case, CPU load is not a problem – this is a single-track montage with only one plugin, and the Audio-Processing Load graph never exceeds 10%. I use “Scroll View” when cutting vinyl master lacquers, as it’s very handy to see upcoming audio + track markers. I haven’t experienced any dropouts or problems so far and will continue using it.

Hi Matthew, after trying this I just wondered what you mean that the green playback cursor stops moving? When in Scroll View doesn’t the green playback cursor just sit in the middle of the view and doesn’t “move”. The waveform moves instead? Does the waveform stop moving when the problem happened?

I also wondered if you use the Timecode window set to countdown to CD track markers when cutting vinyl?

I’ve read of midi control for lathes from daw and wondered if you’ve ever made use of that?

That was my idea as well: in scroll mode, the green playback cursor is stationary and doesn’t move at all, right? I never use this mode, but when the waveform moves behind a stationary cursor, then ofcourse movement stops when the waveform has passed.

Or maybe you mean that the waveform movement stops as soon as the end becomes visible?

The problem occurs when one is zoomed out enough to see the end of the Montage – there is still audio playing, but the Montage itself won’t scroll any more. Does that make sense?

I also wondered if you use the Timecode window set to countdown to CD track markers when cutting vinyl?

I’ve read of midi control for lathes from daw and wondered if you’ve ever made use of that?

No, this is uncommon. Almost all lathes working today require you to manually insert track bands. (There are other manual inputs to make as well during cutting.)

Some operations have developed automation software for cutting, but the general consensus is that the results aren’t great and the cost/benefit isn’t worth it. Most vinyl is still “hand-flown”, if you will.

I have a similar report from Justin, but can’t reproduce so far.

I’ll be doing more cutting today and tomorrow. I’ll see if I can figure out how to do a screen capture in Windows 10 :slight_smile: I can also send in the .mon file and anything else you might need.

Thank you!

FYI, I already have a screen capture of the case.