BUG? Jumpy Cursor when using scissor tool!!

I’ve noticed when using ONLY either the scissor tool or the pencil tool, the cursor movement is very jumpy which has been a pain with editing. I dont believe this to be a graphical issue as every other toolbar selection is fine.

My graphics card is an ATI Mobility Radeon 4650 HD with 512MB RAM but again I’m not convinced that that is the issue. I’m currently running Cubase 6.01 32-bit using a 2.8 GHz Dual Core P9700 processor on Win7 Home Premium x64 with 4GB RAM. Soundcard is EMU 0404 USB using buffer latency of 20ms.

The link below also highlights the exact problem I’m experiencing.

A quick way to check…

1. Import some audio and loop a section of say 2 bars with the horizontal zoom between 3/4 to max
  2. Go through each toolbar selection from the “objection selection” to the “colour tool” and just move mouse randomly around the screen
  3. If you have the issue, you’ll notice with the pencil and scissor tool, that the framerate of the cursor slows down considerably and becomes choppy/jumpy.

Replies welcome.

Regards,
Daniel

Video sharing IRQ’s with sound? Update/Revert video drivers?

I’ll look into the IRQ now but video drivers are the latest versions and have been stable.

Stable video drivers have caused issues, prior.

I don’t seem to have any IRQ conflict or issues that would affect this particular problem as my video and sound assignments have seperate IRQ’s. Tried reverting video drivers but the same problem explained on title is still rampant.

Thanks for the suggestions though mashedmitten :wink: , I’ll continue to do research into this problem, I’m guessing you’re not affected with this issue.

Is anything sharing an IRQ with your video card?

Below is the system information about my graphics driver, it has a very large IRQ number (doesn’t conflict with any other process). Not sure if that is a problem…

Thanks again for the help. :wink:

Daniel

Could also be a dodgy mouse driver. Have you a different mouse to try?

This could be the problem.

Just tested using the in built laptop mouse pad thingy (lol), while not perfect,its slightly smoother. One thing to point out that the meters are also affected by this as well as the cursor.

Any suggestions for good mouses to buy?

Thanks again for the help!

Can anyone confirm whether they have this issue? :neutral_face:

Thanks.

Hi there,

I’ve been having the exact same problem and been meaning to figure out how to solve it.

I use Cubase 6.0.3 64-bit und Win 7 64-bit. Graphics are a Club 3D Radeon HD 5450 with 1GB Ram. I just updated the drivers today, but that didn’t change anything. The mouse is a standard old Logitech USB mouse, I can’t find the model, as it’s not sold anymore.

J.

I just realised that I also have an EMU sound card, the EMU 1820. Could it be the EMU drivers?

J.