Bug? Master section cannot always be bypassed?

I’ve noticed that sometimes, I am not able to bypass the master section… For example, right now, I have Ozone loaded in the master section… If I use Ozone to increase volume by dragging down the threshold, when Ozone is engaged, the track is louder. Therefore, when bypassing the master section, the track should get quieter… but it’s not happening… No matter whether the master section button is red or green, the plugin is not being bypassed. Visually in the master section, the text for Ozone is greyed out, but the plugin is definitely still active. I can hear it working.

Thanks,
Todd

I’ve discovered it has something to do with the input plugin… if the input plugin is enabled when the master section gets bypassed, Wavelab somehow gets confused…

Is nobody else having this problem? I just noticed tonight:

1. I put Ozone maximizer in the mastering section
  2. I select one of the clips in the montage
  3. I render the clip through the master section
  4. The resulting file is opened in Wavelab, the red master section bypass lights up, and Ozone is greyed out
  5. Hit play - Ozone is still processing… the master section is not bypassed…

Thanks,
Todd

I’ve not experienced this … but I don’t run Ozone. If you remove Ozone from the plugin section, and replace it with something else, do you still see the same behavior?

Hey PG… and everyone else… We can delete this thread… I just did some testing, and discovered the problem was user error on my part. I had some clip plugins loaded I had forgotten about… Everything is working fine. Sorry I didn’t test better before posting. I’ll try to be better about that next time.

Thanks,
Todd