[BUG] MediaBay Remove Aspect and Aspect Scan Locations

When I have several aspects and I want to remove one, there’s a bug. It’s removing the wrong aspect, deleting a carefully setup aspect if you don’t pay attention.

Reproduce:
Create several aspects.
Select one aspect.
Go to Media > MediaBay Aspects > Remove Aspect
Remove any aspect.

Look at the aspects that are left. Instead of removing the aspect that you chose to remove, actually some other aspect was removed. I don’t know the logic yet but I know that the wrong was was removed. This could be quite a bad bug as you could put a lot of time into configuring aspects. This bug is destroying config work and time. I agree though it’s not critical as you don’t do this regularly. But nevertheless it’s a bug.

Also, Aspects have another bug: The documentation says on Aspects: “You can specify which sections are visible, which media types are browsed for, which locations are being scanned…”

I found that if I deselect a location in one Aspect, it’s also gone in other Aspects. This means I can basically NOT say per Aspect which locations are scanned. All aspects share the same scan locations! Which minimizes the use of Aspects quite a bit.

This happens on a Mac, El Capitan, latest Nuendo version (7.0…35)

Create several aspects.
Select one aspect.
Remove any aspect.

I can reproduce that.

Line 2 is crucial.

Select one aspect.

If you skip line 2 (no aspect is selected)

Create several aspects.
Remove any aspect.

removing works as expected here.

Or in other words: When a aspect window is open and in focus, this aspect can not be removed. Instead any other aspect accidentaly will be removed.
Yeah. Thats a shot in ones knee…

which locations are being scanned

I think too this is a mistake in documentation. There can only be one database, will say one scan. They mixed it up with “Define locations”

Oswald

Thanks for confirming Oswald! Always good to know I’m not the only one, otherwise it would be a personal machine issue, this was it’s a real bug.