Hello, got an issue where the input meters in Cubase get really sluggish, if it’s a common thing then it should be easy to reproduce.
- Create 10 audio tracks, select them, right click->move selected tracks to new folder
- Import or record something to all of the tracks, can be silence but at least one has to have audio in it for meter indication, preferably a fast transient like a drum hit or metronome click
- Box mark and alt+drag these events on top of themselves a few times, you should now have around 5 short takes on top of each other for each track
- Record enable 9 tracks and leave one (that is not silent)
- Hit record, the meter on the track not recording (or the other meters as well if you’re recording something that sounds) should start to look a bit sluggish and out of sync.
- Redo step 3, now you have 10 or 12 (if you saved the latest recording) takes on top of each other per track.
- Redo step 5
Repeat the last two and see if you experience growing meter sluggishness. If so:
- Move the tracks out of the folder, record a final take, metering should now perform fine.
No problem with at least 30 takes on each track for me but inside a folder it’s completely unworkable.
EDIT: Forgot to mention, I’m using 6.0.5.