BUG: Opening folded VSTi tracks

This just came to my attention…
I will write a working repro as described in “How do I report a problem with Cubase [bugbase]” and post it here so we can report it.

Gr,
JHP

The track list is automatically scrolls to a selected track when you expand a folder track thus the focus on the folder is lost

Repro:

1. Preferences: Set “Preferences–> Project&Mixer” to default by clicking on the default button on this preferences page.
  2. Open Empty Project
  3. Create a folder track with let’s say 5 Audio Tracks in it and close the folder
  4. Now create lets say 50 Audio Tracks that are not in the folder

Note: In the track list the closed folder should now be above and 30 Audio Tracks beneath it.

1. Scroll all the way down to the Track Audio 55 and select this track
  2. Scroll all the way up to the closed folder track
  3. Click on the Folder Symbol, the “Expand/Collapse Folder” button , on the folder

Problem:
The track list is automatically scrolled down to the selected track Audio 55 and the important focus on the folder track is lost if the folder is expanded.

Note:

• The problem will also occur with the Factory Project Logical Editor Preset “Toggle Folder Open State”

• When a track is added, for instance a FX Track, VSTi Track or a group track it will be added all the way beneath and will also be selected. So the problem will also occur if you add a track and then expand a folder.

• The problem does not occur if the folder track is already expanded and one collapses it.

Workaround:
Select the folder Track before you expand it.
Or/And
Set “Preferences–> Project&Mixer–> Scroll to selected ” to Channel or to Disabled
Or/And
Uncheck “Preferences–> Project&Mixer–> Sync Project and Mixer Selction”

← Above Repro

Status, Comments
Confirmed, Cubase 6.0.2 Build 291
Original report topic
(28859)

Gr,
JHP