- Set settings in Preference → Editors to:
- Double-Click Opens Editor in a Window
- Open Editor Commands open Editors in Lower Zone
- Assign a keyboard shortcut to “Open/Close Editor”.
- Observe that the editor is opened in a window, not in the Lower Zone.
- Use same settings as above.
- Assign a keyboard shortcut to “Open in Key Editor”.
- Observe how it’s opened in the Lower Zone.
- Use the settings:
- Double-Click Opens Editor in Lower Zone
- Open Editor Commands open Editors in Window
- Assign a keyboard shotcut to “Open/Close Editor”.
- Observe how it’s opened in Lower Zone.
Expected behaviour: Open/Close Editor shortcut should follow the settings of the “Open Editor Commands” setting, not the Double Click. Simply because that the setting says, and it renders impossible to have both a editor window open at the same time as using Open/Close editor command.
Alternative would be to add a separate shortcut for “Open/Close Editor in Lower Zone”, but that is probably a more difficult fix.
Open/Close Editor-shortcut follows Double Click instead of “Open Editors Command” setting.