BUG - Print / Graphics for selected flows

Hi,
You are doing a wonderful job with Dorico.

Though I have a problem with the new facility for printing graphics for selected flows.

If You select say the first and second flows (1-2), the pdf as the display is ok.
If You select first, second and fourth flow (1-2,4)., the display is ok but the pdf contains only the fourth…

A bit annoying as I need to send in pdf only certain flows for certain instruments for corrections…

Any ideas ?

Could you attach a project in which this goes wrong? It seems to be working for me.

Embarrasing for this is original music, 18 flows, 30 musicians. MP ?

Sure, feel free to PM me, or email me at r dot lanyon at steinberg dot de.

Sent !

What seems to be happening here is that it’s doing separate PDF exports for flows 1-2 and flow 4, and the two files are overwriting each other. I’m not sure why it’s doing that, though - I’ll need to investigate for a bit and get back to you.

That’s what I thought as I was prompted for replacing
even when the there was no file in the directory…

This looks like a bug to me, I’m afraid. For the time being if you choose “Create New” rather than “Overwrite” you will at least end up with the correct material, though they will be in separate files rather than the same. I will log this for one of the developers to look at.

1 Like

Ok that’s a way to wait for the next update. Thank you for the quick answer.

Let me understand. It worked for You initially with your own Dorico project ?

No, Richard is confirming that he sees the same thing as you, i.e. that if you specify multiple ranges of pages and then export PDF, you end up with multiple PDFs being exported with the same name, one for each range you specify, which all overwrite each other. For the time being, you should export all pages, and then remove any unwanted pages from the PDF afterwards. Preview on macOS makes this easy, and you can use a tool like PDF Split and Merge (PDF SAM) on Windows to do the same job.

OK. Thank You. Nice feature though.