Bug Report: Dorico Crashed on Save

Not sure if the forums are the right place to report a crash, but that’s what I’m doing :smiley:

Dorico 1.2.10.139 crashed when I hit ⌘S to save my project. Not the best time to crash by any means! I attached the crash report and diagnostic logs to this post.

Taking a peek, this is the interesting-looking bit:

terminating with uncaught exception of type std::__1::regex_error: The expression contained mismatched ( and ).

I wonder (assuming you’re able to resymbolicate the crash report) whether any of the methods on the stack were using a regex at the time?
Crash.zip (23.2 KB)
Dorico Diagnostics.zip (651 KB)

Ah, it reproduces reliably with this particular project. I attached it here. Just make any slight tweak and save it!
Project.zip (231 KB)

I believe the problem is caused by the mismatched parentheses in the filename: 35 (Fame & Fortune .dorico. If you either add the closing parenthesis or remove the opening one, then everything should be OK.

This particular problem is already solved in our development builds: I believe the issue is that we were using functions from boost that throw an exception in the event of an error, and we were not catching the exception, and we have taken care of this.

Oh, indeed, the parentheses in my filename must be the same parentheses Boost was complaining about! Glad to hear the crash was already a known issue :slight_smile: