(BUG REPORT) Incorrectly displayed inserts in the inspector and lower zone.

Might have found a workaround. Create a new empty project and import project into it. Seems to work ok but not ideal as the project colours, settings etc all have to be reset but looks like it sorts out the truncated inserts…

Yes, this is what I wonder with the Backup project. I would expect this should work. As far as I know this bug shouldn’t occurre in any project stored in Cubase 9.5.10 (or later :wink:). So I expected when you make a backup, it’s equal to store the project in C9.5.10.

Not sure why the backup approach didn’t work. Really strange bug.

OK - update since my last post. I created a brand new template, from scratch, in 9.5.10. This is what I see when I re-open it.

The bug is still present in 9.5.10. None of the workarounds re: resizing console tracks work. This is doing my head in. :imp: :smiling_imp: :laughing:

…and more strangeness here. I thought I was rid of it but can re-induce it by opening up the lower mixer zone and then the inspector panel. No problems in the lower mixer but in the Inspector suddenly the Insert names are all written over themselves as in the OP’s picture (and I saw before).

Closing the lower mixer doesn’t solve the issue. To solve I have to close the lower zone mixer, save the file and then re-open. All fine unless I open the lower mixer zone again. Luckily for me it’s not something I use much as I have another screen for the mixer.

This is on my Win 10 system BTW and still not on all files ( I think it’s ones I worked on in 9.5 only?)…still testing.

Yes, only Cubase 9.5 can “break” the project, not Cubase 9. And only a projects created in older Cubase versions, not a fresh projects created in Cubase 9.5.10.

Yes, I knew that but previously I thought that re-saving “broken” projects in 9.5.10 fixed the problem but it now appears that this is not the case…bizarre.

Luckily for me there only two important projects that I worked on in 9.5.0. :slight_smile:

Yes, actually I was also hoping in this.

This is happens when I create a brand new project in C9.5.1. from scratch

I think the ‘projects created in 9.0’ is a red herring. Something is not right with 9.5…

I think we were saying that projects created in 9.5.0 were the issue, not 9.0 but that aside, I don’t see the issue that you do at all and now “only” have any issue at all on Projects that were created or worked on in 9.5.0.

But I agree that something still isn’t right…

Interestingly enough - if I create a new project after witnessing the truncated inserts issue it seems to transfer into new project. If I close down 9.5.1, reopen it and then create a new project, it’s fine.

Yes, that sounds similar to some of the issues I was having… :frowning:

In general the new project is created with the settings of the old project. So it overtakes the corrupted MixConsole settings. If you create a new project after Cubase start, it seems some data is reset.

I went into AppData\Roaming\Steinberg, deleted all my settings for previous versions and including C9.5, and relaunched 9.5. I was trying to establish if the import of settings from 9.0 had borked something (the idea was to copy these back after 9.5 had run for the first time). Unfortunately the experiment wasn’t successful. I still have evidence of truncated inserts in the lower panel. This needs to be fixed. Despite what the release notes say it’s still an issue.

I’m still having this issue as well.
Created the project entirely on 9.5.10, and each time I open it, inserts are truncated.
If, before opening the project, I create an empty one, and then open the project with issues, it does work, but re-saving has no effect, each time I open the project, I’m still back into the original problem.