BUG: Right-zone MediaBay shows wrong opened/collapsed folder arrows after text search

Graphical bug.

1. go to right zone MediaBay
  2. click VST instuments or VST effects section
  3. type something in the text search box to find a folder

wrong_arrow_1 wrong_arrow_2

The arrows indicating whether the Steinberg folder is opened or collapsed is wrong. It should be the other way around.

Using C11 Pro on Win10 btw (same bug in C10 Pro).

Hi,

I cannot reproduce it here. Are you on Cubase 11.0.10, please?

Could you try in Cubase Safe Start Mode [Disable preferences], please?

I enabled Cubase Safe Start Mode and disabled preferences and third party plugins. Bug still happens.
I’m on Cubase 11.0.10 but it also happen in my older Cubase 10.0.60 installation.

Hi,

Could you try to disable Cubase 10 preferences and reproduce it in Cubase 10, please?

If you had the same issue in Cubase 10 already, you disabled Cubase 11 preferences, Cubase 11 merged Cubase 10 preferences. So if the issue is in Cubase 10 preferences already, you copied it to Cubase 11 too.

Hi,
did the same with Cubase 10 just now, i.e. starting safe mode and disabling preferences but unfortunately the bug is still present there, too.
Any other ideas?

Hi,

Is it reproducible, if you switch to Sort by Category, please? Is it reproducible even in other views, like VST Effects?

Hi,
it is still reproducible on my end even if I switch to sort by category. Also happens with the VST effects.
I added a video. Maybe it helps finding the problem on my end.
media_rack_arrow_bug.zip (3.4 MB)

Hi,

I’m sorry, I can’t open the ZIP file.

Here’s the video uploaded directly.

Hi,

I see the issue, now.

Actually the issue is with the “Collapse All” button. This collapses all folders, but it keeps the parent folder triangle in the “open” state. If you would move the mouse over the parent folder, the triangle would be redrawn correctly. But if you go to the Search field and search for something, the triangle state doesn’t fix and then it’s in the opposite direction.

Reported to Steinberg. Thank you.