Bug: "Select more" in tablature staff

I have both a music and tablature staff.

Select a playing technique in the music staff only, then press select more. The result is more playing techniques in the music staff only. This seems the correct behavior.

Select a playing technique in the tablature staff only, then press select more. The result is more playing techniques in the music staff only. This seems incorrect behavior.

Is there a way to select more that works in the tablature staff?

Dorico Version 5.1.21.2098 (Feb 22 2024)
Windows 11 Version 10.0.22631

Try selecting the first and last playing technique in the tablature before using Select More.

Does that work?

Interesting idea, but it does not work. The result is:

• the original first and last tablature staff playing techniques are still selected,
  • no other tablature staff playing techniques are selected,
  • all the music staff playing techniques in the range indicated are selected.

music and tablature staves are both relating to the same instrument /player. Meaning, the tablature staff is just another way of looking at the original staff.
And playing techniques are valid for the player rather than the picture of it… that’s my guess - probably expected behaviour.

Curtius,

my guess is, that you’re trying to delete unnecessary elements from the Tablature staff? If so, this is a shortcoming of the current Dorico TAB-staff behavior.
Until the team gets around to implementing a more flexible approach, in which users have more control over what exactly gets displayed in the TAB staff, you’ll have to resort to adding a second player with only TAB, and copy the music down from the notation…

Benji