Bug: Slurs occationally disappears in condensed staves

Hello Dorico team,

Sometimes when condensing is turned on, slurs within the condensed staves disappears. Unfortunately, the behaviour appears to be quite unpredictable, so I haven’t been able to pinpoint this to any specific cause. The existence of the slurs can be altered just by changing the number of staves in that system in any way possible within Dorico. I am not sure if this helps you in any way, but at least you are aware of it now (maybe you already were?).

All the best! :slight_smile:

We can’t provide any assistance without a reproducible case. I understand that you’re presently unable to reproduce the problem at will, but keep an eye out, and please return to this thread as and when you can.

Hi,

I have this problem, too, from time to time (and it’s not easy to work around!).

I saw in the 4.3.20 Version history that a bug was fixed with slurs and condensed unisons. I just want to report that I still have these problems (might be a different bug, I didn’t quite understand the explanation in the document), as per attached file for a ‘reproducible case’. If you take the condensing change at bar 10 out, the slur also disappears (if you then undo, often the slur also doesn’t come back, suggesting it might be a rendering thing…though I’m no expert).
Deleteme20.dorico (603.5 KB)

Good luck.

Thanks for this example. There are still some problems remaining with slurs at system breaks in condensing (our ref: STEAM-10638, STEAM-10054), in particular when it comes to manual condensing. When we come back around to these issues, we’ll be sure to take a close look at this one as well.

1 Like