[BUG] Some AUv3 effects doesn't work since upgrade to iPadOS 15

1. Summary/Title
Some AUv3 effects doesn’t work since upgrade to iPadOS 15

2. Description
Scenario A
Load the effect plugin into an insert slot of a track. The UI of the plugin is black after it is loaded and the effect does not change the sound.

Scenario B
Do scenario A, then disable the affected plugin. Quit Cubasis and start it again. Tap on the disabled plugin. Then the UI shows up properly. Enable the plugin and the UI goes black. Here a demo of this behavior: Cubasis 3.3 bug with iPadOS 15 - YouTube

Rebooting the iPad did not change this behavior. Happens also on newly created projects.

So far this affects the AU effects Brambos Perforator and FAC Envolver. Both plugins work properly in other AU hosts, tested with AUM and apeMatrix.

3. Expected Results
The plugin shows its UI and works properly

4. Actual Results
The plugin UI is not displayed and the sound is not changed → plugin is not working.

5. Environment
iPad Pro 2021, 11 inch, 256 GB, iPadOS 15.0, Cubasis 3.3.1

Hi @krassmann,

Thanks for your report which has been shared with our team, Fred from FAC and BramBos.
Please await our feedback.

Best,
Lars

Thank you!!!

Hi Lars,

I need to update my bug report. Today I noticed another crashing plugin in Cubasis. It’s my beloved sequencer Cykle. Usually it works normally in Cubasis. It crashes when I want to record its Midi output to the track it is loaded into as a Midi plugin. I activate the „Record to track“ option in Cubasis Midi plugin screen and the hit record at the transport bar. When Cubasis starts recording after the count-in the plugin crashes, its UI goes black and Cubasis records no notes. I can create a sepearate bug report if you wish.

I’m wondering if there’s just some basic bugs in iPadOS 15. I’m experiencing crashes in AUv3 plugins as well but also I’m noticing that with some apps in standalone mode its losing the connectivity to my keyboard that I have connected. Happens most often when I bring another app to the foreground and then go back to the music app.

Hi @krassmann,

Thanks for your updated report.

I’ve send Corné from Cykle a message, however did not receive any feedback so far unfortunately.

Best wishes,
Lars

Hi @TwilightSon,

Thanks for your message.

I’m wondering if there’s just some basic bugs in iPadOS 15. I’m experiencing crashes in AUv3 plugins as well but also I’m noticing that with some apps in standalone mode its losing the connectivity to my keyboard that I have connected. Happens most often when I bring another app to the foreground and then go back to the music app.

Please make sure to let the 3rd party app vendors know about your issues! If it’s iPadOS 15 related, they are able to file a bug report at Apple.

Best wishes,
Lars