[BUG] The sends are missing after save and load channel's settings, since cubase 10.5

If i try to copy, and then paste a single, or multiple channel’s settings, then the inserts are copyed fine, but the sends arent . This is wery bad, becouse if i work on an album, i make diferent projects for difrent tracks. If i mix the first song, i want to copy the group channel’s settings to the second song. For this, i use the little arrow on the top of the mixer, and the “Save selkected channels…” otion. If i load beck the channels settings, in some other project (that is based on the same template, same groups, same fx channels), i lost all my send datas, and i must patch everithyng again.
In Cubase 9, 9.5, and 10, i can copy every settings, without problem. Since Cubase 10.5, the send’s settings are gone :frowning:

Photos for better understanding:
Copy leadVocal channel’s settings:

Paste LeadVocal setting’s to another projects (based on the same template, so the FX channels are the same):

• i cannot put this image here becouse im new user :slight_smile: :slight_smile: ! Perfect support from steinberg, congratulation!

Please fix this bug.

The second image:

Paste LeadVocal setting’s to another projects (based on the same template, so the FX channels are the same):

Please fix this bug.

It works fine here.

You can paste it to another project?
I have 2 studio rooms with cubase 10.5, and cubase 11, and we have the same problem…

Yes, it works between project here.

Hi!

Just stumbled on this issue myself just now in latest version 11.10 and can confirm it’s still there.

And the strange thing is that it seems that some Send info is actually saved and loaded but the Send is deactivated.

If you load saved channels with Send info on Mixer channels that are empty/clean:

• The Send rack is updated and enabled (turns blue), but Destination info is empty and grey
  • If you click to activate/add Destination info values from saved info is activated (gets visible)

Just tried this by resetting all mixer channels and load channels stored earlier today with latest version. So this needs to be fixed.

And also, Routing info is also missing for saved channels, but don’t now if that is a bug or intentional.

/Hackej

1 Like

Cubase 11 installed, and the bug is stlil here…

Hi!

I just want to revivie this topic, as I just discovered that saving and loading channel settings works fine if you include associated channels, in this case Group- and FX channels.

I primarily save presets of Group Channels to be loaded into other projects, and I always have to reinitiate all Sends to FX channels on imported Group Channels, which is irritating (as described earlier in the thread).

But if I save Group- and FX channels together and load into another project it works fine and Group Sends are loaded and activated fine. So in some way Cubase wants to secure that this relationship between Group and FX channels is correct, which is understandable/necessary.

But as I always work with the same Mixer setup of Group- and FX-channels (like an analog mixer) I assume that it couldn’t be that hard for Cubase to check and verify that the associated FX channels already exists, and then be able to load and activate Group Sends correctly, even if I only save and load Group channels.

And in the case there are any descrepencies between these associated channels there could be a notification of this.

So I really hope this “issue” could be fixed in next/future release.

Regards
/Hackej

1 Like

I’d be tempted you write this up as a proper ‘issue’ report in its own thread. However technically, I could see Steinberg calling this a ‘Feature Request’ (since its currently working exactly as it has been designed to - regardless how ‘incomplete/flawed’ that design is).

Either way, you’ll be looking at years before anyone gets round to doing anything about something like this - if at all.

In the meantime, the most you might request for a quick result, is that there should at least be an update in the Manual. This would describe the need to include any associated FX channels in your ‘Save Selected Channels’ choice, if its Group Channels that are being saved. Having them already in the target project will not suffice/work. Or some such wording…

1 Like