Bug: Variaudio sluggish ( known issue #28269)

No offense, but if you don’t have Cubase 6, please stay out of this thread. As stated, the exact same file works perfectly in Cubase 5.52.

No offense, but who do you think you are? The forum police?

I’m posting valid points in this topic and avenues to discover what is happening.

Boy it would be awesome if Steinberg would chime in!!! Hint, hint…

I think this is a serious bug and it sounds like it’s 100% reproducible.

Really, how can they be valid points when you DON’T EVEN HAVE CUBASE 6! I’ve been using Cubase since Cubase VST and have used Nuendo and Cubase primarily in my studio for 10 years or more, this is a Cubase 6 bug, period.

Seriously, man? Here we go… Your credentials… GOT IT! :laughing:

Ok then, How you propose to see what resources are being hogged by variaudio.

Don’t even say “Use a resource meter to see if cpu cycles, hard disc writing, excessive memory paging is going on.” because I have already posted that.

Since you’ve been recording for so long, like me BTW, you’re saying troubleshooting skills from the past don’t apply here?

[quote=“Woodcrest Studio”]Seriously, man? Here we go… Your credentials… GOT IT! :laughing:

Ok then, How you propose to see what resources are being hogged by variaudio.

Don’t even say “Use a resource meter to see if cpu cycles, hard disc writing, excessive memory paging is going on.” because I have already posted that.

Since you’ve been recording for so long, like me BTW, you’re saying troubleshooting skills from the past don’t apply here?[/quote

OK, I give up, you win. I don’t want a fight, I just want this fixed.

If it’s a configuration issue I can see how end-user troubleshooting is useful. If it’s a bug, especially one with 100% of users reproing, Steinberg needs to own debugging and fixing it. No amount of analysis on our end will fix the bug.

Darren,

Only 3 people in this thread have confirmed the sluggishness. I think if you created thread titled BUG? Variaudio becomes unresponsive yadda yadda yadda using Steinberg’s bug reporting procedure found here, you may get some more attention, possibly a response from Steinberg and at the very least get more confirmed reports.

This is Steinberg’s bug reporting procedure:

Also, there is an entry in the issues and solutions for Cubase 6 regarding variaudio sluggishness. This may mean you are S.O.L. with getting this listed as a bug since it has already been documented (even though it is a little different) as a bug because in your situation, if you cut and bounce the audio into shorter segments your problem will most likely vanish.

The issue with variaudio and a workaround in Cubase 6’s issues and solutions:
ftp://ftp.steinberg.net/Download/Cubase_6/6.0.0.228/VersionHistory_IssuesSolutions.pdf

[VariAudio] * Pitch Quantize slider may be
sluggish to use if many note segments
are selected.
This happens in several minutes long audio files
with a lot of note segments. Try to work in
smaller sections by cutting and bouncing the
audio material.

I didn’t post the original message. Maybe the OP can change the subject. I’m remote so I’m not going to start a new thread on this for several days if the OP doesn’t. Maybe someone else can?

bump…
Does anyone else have this issue? Moderators?

I have seen really quick response on many bug threads. Why not this one?

Oh, OK. I just wrote a million mile long thread on this same subject but nice to know that others experience this too. But it’s not just the VariAudio part; I think it makes the whole corresponding track’s edit operation really slow. I’m having some major performance issues on my Cubase 6 with one project.

Agreed. I’m really REALLY hoping Steinberg chimes in soon!

I actually consider bouncing selections to be more useful, because that way I don´t lose myself in the file.

Roger

What you prefer in workflow doesn’t make this any less of a crippling bug for everyone else who does it the ‘normal’ way.

Yeah, workarounds…I save, load the project in C5, tune the vocal, bounce, save again and re-open in C6. A real PITA

It seems like everyone is asking Steinberg to comment on this. But they have already told us that they are aware of this issue, and they even suggest a workaround (isn’t that comment enough??), hopefully they are working on fixing it in a future update.

What I would like is for Steinberg to state (as they jaw with several other issues) that this bug will be fixed in the next update.

It’s a bad bug and the workaround isn’t really satisfying.

Since this is now a known issue with a number on it I guess they’re looking at it.

But that ISSUE ID number has been around since C5 v5.0.1
ftp://ftp.steinberg.net/Download/Cubase_5/5.0.1.147/Cubase_5.0.1_Version_History.pdf

Hasn’t the OP (or someone) stated the concern in this thread, WASN’T seen previously…?

(oh yeah, it was mentioned here by ‘beatpete’:-
Bug: Variaudio sluggish ( known issue #28269) - #23 by lights - Cubase - Steinberg Forums)