[BUG] when choosing different plugin

Hi there!

I just wanted to mention two little bugs that were first seen by Crotchety in 5.5.x, (http://forum.cubase.net/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=138559) but I noticed that they are still there in C6.0.1. I decided to put both in one post because they are very much related…

The first is a minor one:

1. create a new empty project
  2. add an audio track
  3. select a plugin for one of the insert slots (e.g. compressor)
  4. save & close the project
  5. open the project
  6. change some parameters of the compressor
  7. select a different plugin for the same insert slot (e.g. delay)
  8. you get prompted, choose `Keep´

BUG : despite the fact that you clicked ´keep´, the name of the insert changes into ´delay´, but when you open the editor of the plugin, you do get the compressor with all settings. So nothing is really lost, it´s just the wrong name being displayed … For reproduction: steps 2), 4) and 5) are not required when you choose a standard recording project (e.g. Ac.Guitar+Vocal)

The second one I think is more of a problem:

1. create a new project
  2. add an audio track
  3. select a plugin for one of the insert slots (e.g. compressor)
  4. change some parameters of the compressor
  5. SAVE the project (just save, you can leave the project opened)
  6. select a different plugin for the same insert slot (e.g. delay)

BUG : you do NOT get prompted to discard/keep settings, the compressor is replaced by the delay plugin without warning!

For the rest I´m quite happy with 6.0.1, and I like the way Steinberg seems much more active on the forum, and I really like the fact that 5.5 will still get a maintenance update!

Thanks!!

Albert

Win7 64 / C6.0.1 64

bump…

Sorry for that,

but just wanted to add that it’s still there in 6.0.2

and it seems to have escaped attention of mods

Albert

Win7 64 / C6.0.1 64

Well, this may be happening for you, but my first thought is to ask why do you skip the step of removing the old effect first before you replace it? This is what I do and I don’t experience what you are experiencing.

So, maybe my behavior is brilliant but probably just a natural one. Try it. Clear the old effect by choosing “No effect”, and then click onthe insert again to add a new one.

Hi,

Let me clarify what my problem is

Cubase normally warns you when you are about to replace/remove an insert while there are settings that have been modified, prompt:keep/discard It gives you the opportunity to revert your decision…

What I describe are two examples in which Cubase either does warn you but does something weird with the name of the insert after pressing ‘keep’ (example 1), or doesn’t warn you at all so that you loose your settings (example 2)

In my first example, when I select ‘no effect’ and click ‘keep’ (in order to keep the plugin and settings), the name will dissapear (almost as if there really is no plugin anymore), but the button is still there, and when you click it, you will see the plugin and modified settings that you wanted to keep (the end result is as desired, yet it looks rather strange when there is no insert name displayed)

In my second example, when I select ‘no effect’ while there still is an insert with modified settings in that slot, Cubase will simply discard it, without even asking, as I described in my original post.

So, for me your suggestion didn’t seem to help
Thanks