- Put two clips on one track - with slow easily visible fades
- Go to the edit tab, and lock the first clip
- Drag the 2nd clip backward over the top of the 1st clip so a crossfade is created.
- Drag the 2nd clip forward away from the 1st clip so the crossfade is removed.
- Notice the fade-out for the 1st clip has been lost - even though it’s locked.
This becomes a major problem when trying to record a new version for a song once all CD markers and everything is already in place. I record at the correct position, but if I go past the normal clip length at all, the new recording is placed at a position where a crossfade gets created… and the original fades on the other finished clips are overwritten.