Bug with default setting (line editor, playing techniques)

Hey everyone,

there seems to be a bug in Dorico 4.1 concerning the line editor.
I still can create a line, but when I press ‘Ok’ after pessing the ‘star’ to make it a default, Dorico will close immediately. The error message says “Dorico was unexpectedly terminated” (translated from German).
It doesn’t matter if I copy a line and change it afterwards or if I build a line from scratch.

Best,
Jan

Can you please do Help > Create Diagnostic Report and attach the resulting zip file here to a reply, so I can take a look and see what’s happening?

Sure.
Dorico Diagnostics.zip (3.4 MB)

As an edition: It seems that there’s the same issue on creating a playing technique and make it to default.

Thanks very much for the logs, Jan. I’m sorry to say that you are running into the same crash that is affecting some users when they start the application, related to a problem with handling the transition from font styles to paragraph styles and the user library. We have a fix for this queued up and will have it available soon. In the meantime, please avoid adding things to your user library and you should hopefully avoid the crash. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot for having a look at it, Daniel. I’m glad that you already know the issue and will provide a solution soon.