Bug with rests in tuplets

Hi, I was attempting this workaround to create a 4/4 to 12/8 polymetre.
However, instead of notes, my pick-up bar consists of one note and then a series of rests.
Within the second half of this 4:6 tuplet, Dorico insists on showing me 4 beats of rests (2+1+1) instead of 2 beats, as it should.

If I input a note into the 3rd beat of the tuplet, it goes back to normal. However, if I just leave all the rests in, or if I type something into the 4th beat of the tuplet, it still doesn’t add up.

I’m pretty sure this is a bug, but I’d like to know what you guys think.
And of course, this kind of polymetre should be natively supported ASAP.

I can confirm this: after specifying the 4:6q tuplet in the lower staff, I see 6q worth of rests. If I then enter quarter notes, they show as 4 quarter notes, as intended.
Schermafbeelding 2021-01-15 om 22.44.53
Schermafbeelding 2021-01-15 om 22.46.02
Schermafbeelding 2021-01-15 om 22.46.27
bug4in6tuplet.dorico (392.9 KB)

I’ve been experiencing this also. Most of the time it sorts itself out as I fill the measure, but not always. This is only an issue in the “pick-up” measure.

In one instance, I had to start the new time signature one measure early, hide it, and put a fake time signature (created as a playing technique) in the next measure. However, if the previous measure had not been empty, this kludge would not have been possible.

I believe this has been an occasional problem since Dorico 1.0, but I’ve never been able to pin down a reliable way of reproducing it. You should be able to work around it by inputting rests with Force Duration turned on, if you do need a series of rests rather than notes.