[BUG] workspace Auto Instantiate error

Applies to Windows 7 64 pro N5.1.1 32bit & 64bit

The behaviour outlined below does not happen when creating a new project, the global presets slot in without issue, it only happens after setting globals and then trying to open existing projects.

After setting key IDs for workspaces globally in one project, Auto Instantiate refuses to load the saved ID number for position #1, on the list of project workspaces, when opening other projects.

The default project workspace Main always overwrites the ID associated with workspace position #1,
so effectively, it’s necessary to begin numbering global presets from postion #2 - in order to avoid the first ID being overwritten when Auto Instantiate is employed.

This applies even when workspaces are locked, the Main always loads to #1 with an unlocked status by default, totally ignoring the global ruleset that Auto Instantiate should be following.

I see nothing in the manual to indicate that this behaviour is normal.

Aha, so that’s what’s going on. I couldn’t figure out why this wasn’t working. I was sure I was doing something wrong and finally gave up on it. Thanks for the explanation of the bug.

Jason

So this is a bug then?

Can a moderator confirm this and register the issue please.

Workspaces have been broken for a while. They need a bit of an overhaul.

As a newcomer to Nuendo, I wish I had a nickel for every quirk I ran across that is met with the reply “XXX has been broken for a long time. It’s due for an overhaul”!

Time for another episode of “Really?!” with Steinberg and Yamaha…

careful, before you know it, you’ll be labelled a whinger! :wink:

they just didn’t test it properly, simple as that, more shoddiness.