Occasionally, when working in a score with a time signature of 4/2 or above, in which Dorico draws the bar rests as breves instead of semi-breves, Dorico will fill 4/2 (and above) measures with semi-breve rests instead of breves. Fiddling with it to try to make it display the right thing just seems to anger Dorico.
Here are some pics.
- I want to add 20 measures or so to this.
- I add 20 measures. This is what I get.
- I try adding some notes and erasing them to try to kickstart Dorico’s proper rest filling. Some lines are responsive; some are not. Some are only responsive up until a note has been added. Some will remain responsive up to that point if the note is deleted; some will revert to semi-breves.
(not pictured, though I can upload these if you’re really interested)
- I try changing the time signature. Makes it worse (everything after the time signature is now a semi-breve).
- Trim the flow, delete the time signature, and this is the result (same as pic 1, but final measure has semi-breves; one part has a semi-breve in the second to last measure).
Oh yeah, and restarting Dorico fixes it temporarily, but the minute you try editing the music, the wrong rests appear again.