(BUGBASE) Midi Issue between Cubase 5.5.2 and Reason 5.0.1

Question to you all who are flaming me for my methods and choices!

If your software (ie cubase) doesnt work properly as intended at 48khz why allow it to run at 48khz?

Second… IF your hardware is made to support 48khz (MR816x) shouldnt you be able to utilize that?

I will never tell you that you are wrong for working at the sample rates you work at… Dont tell me I am wrong!

I do alot of mixing outboard so the slight increase in sample rate does infact make a noticeable difference in the quality of sound… I have been working on projects in the same format for a very long time and back when i started the difference in quality between 44 and 48 was chalk and cheese in the a to d converters of older hardware…

I would agree that nowdays converters are of a much higher standard so the difference is less noticeable but once again is it not my choice to want to run at 48khz?

WE have digressed from the issue which is as follows… (see first post of this topic thread).

Is it wrong for me to expect a program to work as it is intended?

There are other issues I am having with the system ie the inability to run at low buffer rates to get low latency without dropouts…

I use a lot of amp modeling therefore I HAVE to be able to run at low latency…

MY old system (R.I.P) was rock solid and i could run stable at 96 buffers giving me fantastic latency on my old O1X system…

I spent a fortune upgrading my computer to specs that STEINBERG claim are recommended to work with their software and hardware…

I also replaced my hardware with STEINBERG MR816x interfaces in order to move into WIN7…

I am here looking for a solution not to be given an opinion on sample rate choice! If that is what i wanted the topic would be “What is the best sample rate to work at?”

anyone who would like to give me constructive help I would appreciate it!

Constructive help would be as follows…

PLease follow the instructions set out in the initial post (which of course is what i need help with not sample rate choices!)

If you CAN replicate the issue post that you can so that steinberg does something about it!

If you CANNOT replicate the issue please post exact specs of your system so as I can look further into identifying what part of my system is causing the clock issues!

As a side note have those who are flaming my CHOICE to run at 48 khz ever been into a top of the line studio and had a listen to the differences with sound quality of converters running and different sample rates… or the quality of sound of for example Waves true verb running at different sample rates through precise monitors in a tuned control room?

Some one give me some productive information to work with please!

If you want to cry about sample rate choices start a new thread and enjoy it somewhere else I need help with “(BUGBASE) Midi Issue between Cubase 5.5.2 and Reason 5.0.1”.

In case you haven’t noticed I don’t put up with peoples pathetic crap!

And if you want to know why I am so angry its simple “STEINBERG”… I have their software and their hardware and no one there “except Chris who is doing his best” seems to care enough to simply do a test on the process I have stated in the initial post! Seriously it will take them a few minutes to do it and go “wow it is stuffed” or “strange it doesnt to that here”… Either way then they could give me some help!

Rant over hopefully I will get some help now!

Greg

Hi Greg,
our developers could identify the issue. It will most likely be fixed with the next update.
Cheers, Axel

Axel,

Those words have brought me relief that I truly needed!

I got to spend some time with Mick Hughes over here in Aus and I can say he is a great guy and we are lucky to have such an experienced and knowledgeable person heading up steinberg support over here in Aus now.

Any word on an eta for this update?

Greg

I H8 44.1

This issue was fixed just recently so that’s why it is not part of our pre-release. We are still looking for probable side effects. You have to wait for the official update I’m afraid.
Cheers, Axel

That is ok… As long as I know the problem has definitely been identified and a fix has been found…

I have spent so much money and lost so much money on this because of being led up the garden path being told there was no issue… or its props fault… and then props saying its steinbergs fault…

I look forward to a fully working system asap…

Do you know if they have fixed the other issue I posted about?

thats the link to the other issue that only came out with cubase 6

Greg

What about me bug testing it for you ? I really am in need of this cause i have lost too much money because of it!