"bugs" vs. "new" (round 2 results...)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Current Percentages:

Method 1 (count & tally only highest vote)

• Bugs = 100% (44 votes)
  • New = 0% (0 votes)
  • Total = 44 votes

Method 2 (count & tally both votes, if available)

• Bugs = 63.33%
  • New = 36.67.00%
  • Total = 6 votes

I’ve noticed that there seems to be two camps regarding how Steinberg should focus their resources: 1) fixing bugs in existing features, and 2) introducing new features. Clearly they do both in every product development cycle. However, what is unclear is how to optimally allocate their resources between these two tasks.

So, I thought we might run a ‘quick-and-dirty’ assessment by having everyone vote for one or the other. Tallying the results will provide a proxy numerical value for the relative percentages:

bug_percentage = 100 * [ num_bug_votes / (num_bug_votes + num_new_votes) ]
new_percentage = 100 * [ num_new_votes / (num_bug_votes + num_new_votes) ].

Besides providing Steinberg some insight into the matter, it might be interesting to the folks on the forum to see what these percentages actually are.

If you’re interested, simply type the word:

• bug” if you want Steinberg to focus on fixing bugs in existing features
  • new” if you want Steinberg to focus on introducing new features.

Every time we reach a new page, I’ll tally the results and put them here in the first post.

Please just type your single-word vote to simplify the counting process. If you have comments regarding this assessment, put them in the post called: Comments re: “bugs” vs. “new”

Cheers…

Update: A few people have expressed a desire to provide percentages for each option rather than just one response. If that’s your preference, go ahead and vote that way. For consistency I’ll use your highest percentage to tally the results as described above (Method 1). I’ll also average across the two percentages (when available) and post those results as well (Method 2). Thanks for the feedback.

bug

bug

bug

bug & new

nm.

Bug

bug

bug 90%
new 10%

bug

bug

Bug

bug

bug

I know you said… but why not a poll? It adds the figures for you. I’d prefer some in-between options if you go for it :slight_smile:

Mike.

bug

bug

bug

Bug

bug

bug