BUGS?

From the example you provided, there was no crossfade at all. By definition, a crossfade involves 2 parts which are crossfaded into each other. The example you have provided had two parts on top of each other.
Even if you apply a fade in to the newly recorded file, the bottom part is not faded at all, since it continus under the newly recorded file. In my last screenshot you can see that I have applied a crossfade, which eliminates the click.

and why is there no click when the fadeout is removed?!???

I had clicks all of the time, no matter what I did.

Unless you haven’t givin’ proper instructions to duplicate this bug, I can not see what could be considered as a bug.
Tell me what I need to do with your provided example (screenshot #1), so the problem is exposed.

Fredo

i always have takes on top of each other. that´s the way i used to record for years. i turn on auto crossfade and i never get any clicks. i hardly ever do crossfades manually because i never had to.
this is a big feature of nuendo (and cubase since vst32 i IIRC) and it always applied to takes on top of each other correctly.

the only problem i get is when i do fadeouts with the handle on takes below. ONLY THEN clicks appear. so it has do something with the fadeout i guess…

I had clicks all of the time, no matter what I did.

did you try auto crossfade?

Tell me what I need to do with your provided example (screenshot #1), so the problem is exposed.

you have to set autocrossfade for this track to say 5 ms.
play the track with the fadeout and you will get a click. remove the fadeout and the click is gone.

OK, I think I finaly got what you are trying to say.

So as soon as you apply a fadeout to the underneath event, the overlap produces a click.
Is that correct?

That looks like a nasty bug to me.
Will submit this one.

FWIW, this has nothing to do with auto(cross)fade or the likes …

Fredo

ahh, now we are getting somewhere. :wink:
that´s exactly what i was trying to say. this has been a bug since at least version 3.

i wonder why nobody noticed it as it is a really annoying and serious bug.

another (small) bug is when you have selected more than one event and delete those another event is selected afterwards automatically. this can be dangerous especially if you click delete twice - then another event which you didn´t want to delete - is gone.

I don’t think that (last bit) is a bug. It’s just normal behaviour in this app - always has been. when one part is deleted the next one is selected.

no, hasn´t been in n3.

thanks for fixing the click-when fade-out bug in n5.5.

I think that this could be due to the autofade settings being ‘cancelled’ on an event which has any manual fade on it??
I use autofades all the time, but I never use stacked events. I use replace mode on recording and delete overlaps pref for editing, so I have been hit by this one yet…glad it has been caught though because all the new multitrack drum editing stuff means I will now edit my drums in Nuendo not protools and dont want a clicking nightmare…