I intend to open a Gaming Lounge with a partner that as a start can hold around 50 PCs.
I would like the PCs to run 1080p high settings for most epsorts games (CS:GO, LoL, Dota2, Overwatch, …)
Budget is no problem, but I still don’t want to overpay for hardware that isn’t going to be used. Specially not 2000$/PC.
At the moment I am thinking of the following:
- CPU: an i7 since an i7 is more future proof than an i5, even for only gaming (maybe a 6700?). That way, I wouldn’t have to replace the CPU in a year or two. However I will wait until ryzen is released because the prices will go down. I am still not completely sure of the ryzen leaked info, if there is an acceptable and good CPU offered by AMD, I will definitely be going for that.
- Graphics card: I could go with a 1060, but I am leaning towards a 1070 since it’s also kinda future proof. I might end up going with a 1060 (6gb ofc) since that’s all I need. What do you think?
- SSD (240GB is enough i guess) for some of the games and HDD for other BIG games.
- I still need to find a suitable good looking case that isn’t hella expensive since the PCs will be displayed above the player.
- All screens will be 24" 144Hz, probably the BenQ XL24.
- Some comfortable chairs ofc.
- Im still not sure what mice and keyboards I should get, any suggestions?
Would appreciate your input on this, that’s what I am thinking. Did I do a good first general choice? What do you recommend?