Burning Uncompressed Wav Track Files On To A Dvd

Hi All,
This my first post in this forum & I hope some of you kind people here would be able to advice or hjelp me with a few questions I have. Here goes;

I recently recorded a few songs at my nephew’s home studio in Cubase 5 in 32 bit!! (I know he needs an upgrade!)

I now need to export/copy all the WAV track files on to a keyboardist’s pc which has Cubase 7.5/64 to record the keyboard parts! Unfortunately, on my nephew’s micro ATX pc 1 USB port on his pc is broken the other remaining port doesn’t seem to work! So, the only other choice I/he have/has is to burn the entire WAV project track files on to several DVD discs! Yes, the DVDR player on his pc still works!

What if any special format “burning” software should I use to to burn these WAV files on to the DVD? ( does Cubase 5 already have it’s own CD/DVD burning software?)

I wonder whether I’d be able to open these WAV files again on to the keyboard player’s Cubase 7.5 in 32 bit without any problems?

I am so sorry for asking such “noobish” questions as I’m just starting to learn & understand all this! So any help or advice will be greatly welcome & appreciated.

Thanks

No Cubase hasn’t got any DVD/CD burning functionality. Just use any kind of burning software and burn a data CD. You can also copy and burn the whole cubase project folder and copy it to the keyboard players cubase 7.5 pc. Cubase 7.5 can open Cubase 5 projects. But backwards you have to export the keyboard midi data or export an audio file. Because Cubase 5 can’t open Cubase 7.5 projects.

No Cubase hasn’t got any DVD/CD burning functionality. 1.Just use any kind of burning software and burn a data CD. You can also copy and burn the whole cubase project folder and copy it to the keyboard players cubase 7.5 pc. Cubase 7.5 can open Cubase 5 projects. But backwards you have to export the keyboard midi data or export an audio file. Because Cubase 5 can’t open Cubase 7.5 projects.[/quote]

Thank you for your timely advice!
There are 10 songs & the whole project is nearly 30gb as WAV files! What is the maximum capacity data CD that is available?
Can I then just copy/transfer each project file from c.base 5 to 7.5 pc?
Yes, I’m aware that one cannot open Cubase 5 projects in 7.5!

Thanks

Why not transfer the files via a flash drive? I bought a 64gb USB stick for £14 on Ebay.

Keres, please read my original post…both the USB ports are either broken or don’t work!

I now discovered one other problem.All the Cubase 5 soft drum tracks are mixed “stereo” in the WAV files! But I need to correct a few mistakes & add “live” symbols instead to all the songs!

1. Is it possible to import/copy all the individual drum track files seperately to 7.5 after copying all the other
audio tracks earlier? What problems will I encounter doining is?

Yes you can drag and drop the drum wave files to your tracks or import them in the Cubase Pool window later. You must place them in the correct position of your songs. If you use the original project file on the Cubase 7.5 PC then it’s not a big deal.

The maximum capacity on a double layer DVD is 8.5 GB. You can compress the files and divide them on several DVD’s.

Thank you Svengali,This info is really useful & you’ve put all my worries to rest! I will do this. Does it matter whether
it’s a DVD-R or DVD-R?

Which format to use depends on your DVD devices (writer and reader). But normaly both should work.

Thanks! I suppose it depends on which type DVDR player is in the pc? Don’t these normally record/play both types?

Yes newer devices should play all formats.

Trubadur51 -
Sorry - must improve my reading skills!
Just a thought - you could check the apparently non-working USB port is enabled in the BIOS.