Buying the HSO 16-bit edition

Hello, Ron and Will,

Yes, that’s correct. But besides this, I have also the licence for HALion Sonic.

I think here is the tricky part of understanding it all: No, the C6 HSO SonicSE licence will not validate the HSO HALion 3 OEM plugin but only its sound content (the samples). That’s exactly the reason why I use HALion Player to play the HSO 16-bit sound content. :wink: Of course, HALion Sonic SE has its advantages but it cannot be used outside of Cubase. And, interestingly enough, the full HALion Sonic is not able to play the C6 HSO VST Sound Instrument Set (at least, I don’t know how), therefore, the HALion Player is the only option for me to play the HSO content outside of Cubase.

Best regards

Miloslav

Got it

So if you look at my first post :

1. Validates the HSO VST Sound Instrument Set as well as the HSO Content that came with C5 - but to play the C5 HSO Content you need a player. You are using the Halion Player (which requires its own licence - correct?)

2. Validates C5 HSO Content, HSO VST Sound Instrument Set AND HSO Halion 3 OEM. If you own C6 you can play the HSO VST Sound Instrument Set using SonicSE provide with C6.

So I made the correct choice this morning purchasing the HSO 16-bit Edition (which also activated Halion 3 OEM) so that if and when I upgrade to C6 I will be able to play the HSO VST Sound Instrument Set using Sonic SE.

That also explains why the starement “It does not work with Cubase 5” for option one because although th content is validated, there is no engine in which to play the content (unless you have Halion Player).

Ron

Hello, Ron,

yes, you have summed it up comprehensively :slight_smile: But where did you buy the HSO 16-bit Edition? I thought it wasn’t selling anymore. At least, I can’t see it in the Steinberg online shop from here (Czechia).

Have a nice day!

Miloslav

Two days ago its was in the USA shop. Today it wasn’t. I found it at the french site which took me back to the normal checkout. It was “multilinual” instead of “English” - but its just an activation code and I already have the install discs - so what does it matter? I figured I better get it now before its too late.

Here is the link:

http://www.steinberg.net/fr/shop/buy_product/sku/500242455.html

Ron

ron,
thanks for the link.
i bought the code last night (the old one for HSO 16bit).
now, in C6, the cool thing about halion sonic SE is that it changes the look and configuration of its interface, when you switch from HS library to HSO library.
that makes it very clear what sample you’re dealing with. :slight_smile:

edited by me:

new post moved to C6 forum.