BWF timecode on batch export

I sometimes wonder if you aren’t just looking for a fight.

Fredo

What???

In my first post I quote the document from 6.5.3, and it says the problem with timecode in BWAVs has been fixed.

Now please follow along what you said yourself:

I ask you which version you’re talking about, because it isn’t clear:

Steinberg’s document says it’s fixed in 6.5.3.
You then say it’s fixed 6.5.3.
You then say it’s NOT fixed in 6.5.3.

So how the heck is asking for a clarification then “looking for a fight”? Jesus…

Sounds like a reasonable request for clarification to me.

I would be interested to know the conditions of Freedo’s tests too.

I just updated to 6.5.30 at home and did a bunch of exports at various random timecodes, and they all seem to be correct. I did some at 23.98 and some at 29.97. But they were fine in 6.5.20 as well.

Where it goes completely wrong is if you export at a different samplerate than the project. They aren’t converting the project rate to the export rate, so the resulting timecode is pretty much meaningless.

It has been explained in this thread by ManChicken that there was a bug in 6.5.20 which made that after a Batch export all BWF timecode stamps were identical. (00:00:00:00 or 01:00:00:00)
That bug has been fixed in 6.5.30.

The new bug is that upon exporting, the BWF Timecode stamp can be a few frames off.
We don’t know the exact conditions yet, but the bug has been confirmed and is under investigation.

The reason why I question Lydiot’s intentions, is because he seems to spend more time in buggering (pun intended) people than doing any efforts himself to run a small test to experience find out what is actually wrong. Apparently he didn’t have any problems with this issue himself, otherwise he would have known.

Anyway, will not get into a verbal fight myself; signing off.

Fredo

I don’t own 6.5.3. I don’t have the time or wish to risk to install the application on my computer unless it’s likely I’ll buy it.

You should have thought about that before you started it then. My motives were pure in this thread. I sought information everyone now has benefited from. If you want me to not ask you questions about your statements then make them clear from the beginning. Now you’re just playing politics, to borrow a phrase from a buddy.