C10 Issues on Win10

Hello.

So I finally updated to new version (10.0.15). After initial problems that Cubase 10 Elements wouldn’t want to work with my projects from older version.
Issues I have with current version.

1. Program very often crashes 10-30 seconds after starting new Session/Project. I managed to run existing session but had problems with starting new one.
  2. At first program didn’t want to run with my Sound Blaster driver. Had to switch to generic ASIO driver then when everything started I had to change back to SB driver. (need more testing on my end)
  3. At start up the whole program seems to be very sluggish, like it’s demanding a lot of graphic power from my card which is odd cause I don’t have anything running in the background. And it happens every time I start Cubase 10.

My system specs.
Windows 10 Pro
Intel i7 8700K @3,7GHz
Kingston 32GB RAM @ 3000Hz
SoudBlaster AE-5

Hi

Maybe you can identify some driver issues with with Resplendence LatencyMon https://www.resplendence.com/latencymon

My advice is: Borrow an other audio interface from a friend, so that you can deactivate SoundBlaster and test the behavior with another hardware setup.

I hope you have someone in your area that can help you out.

I do own Focusrite Scarlet Solo so will try with that but I noticed that older versions of Cubase would ask me about the driver whenever something has changed but C10 seems to lack this feature.