C11: add audio track Key Command

Hi :slight_smile:

I wish to create a KC for add audio track. If I go to KCs, I can add this easily, and upon executing the command, the pop-up dial is visible. So that works.

What I would like to do however, is have Cubase accept the pop-up dial. I can creating a macro, assign a KC to it, where the first command is add audio track - that works. The issue is an acceptance KC - one that would execute add track. And this is where I am stuck. I tried assigning return to a function, and adding that after add audio track, in the hopes that return would click the add track button. But it does not.

Can anyone think of a way to do this?

Thanks in advance.

You can use the Add Audio Track mono command, if the track is mono. This one does not require further input. (Click on Add Track in the link below)

But no, unfortunately there is no way in Cubase to incorporate keypresses into macros, be it backspace, enter, return, tab, copy, paste and others.

You can use auto hot key or other macro building programs, or use a dedicated application for a tablet or a phone and build the macro there. (For example touch a button that sends the key command for create track, waits a bit, presses enter)

1 Like

Thanks.

If I use auto hot key , won’t I have to actually do something when it comes to the add audio track dial box? That would defeat the purpose…

You can do much with auto hot key, its complexity is a blessing and a curse.

• You can send the keycommand, wait, then press enter. That’s one way.
  • You can have auto hot key click on screen through the menus (like recording a macro, but in discrete steps)
  • You can have a persistent script that checks if Add Track window exists, and then it executes the commands programmed.

All too complicated in my opinion just to add an audio track.

If you have an ipad or iphone, get metagrid. If you have an android phone, get the free demo of touch portal and check it out. It allows you to setup this kind of control much more quickly and intuitively.

Thanks

1 Like