C12 Pro Trial Version - Audio Input Channels

Hi

I have downloaded Cubase 12.0.10 Pro Trial Version.
I’m running Monterey 12.3.1 on MacBook Pro Retina 15-inch Mid 2015.

Cubase is not receiving audio from any of my audio interfaces. Both interfaces (RME Fireface UFX+ and Fractal Audio Systems FM3) are running with the last firmware.

If I open a project with Cubase Pro 10.0.60, audio routing works fine, and C10 receives audio in the input channels, so I can record a guitar or vocals, etc.
If I open the same project with C12 Pro Trial, input channels don’t receive audio signal from any device.

I have been checking again and again the configuration of connections and preferences and also the mixconsole, but I cannot record nothing on C12 Pro Trial.

I have started also new projects with C12, using the factory templates, but the result is the same.

I have started empty projects from zero, and the result is the same.

Maybe I am missing something, but maybe it’s a bug.

Please, let me know if there is any configuration that I should be aware, or if it’s a bug of the trial version…

Thanks.

Just want to add that I am a long time user of Cubase.
Waiting for your feedback…

@Matthias_Quellmann

Maybe you need to allow Cubase 12 to use the microphone.

Hi,

Make sure, the correct ASIO driver is selected in the Studio > Studio Setup > Audio System.

Make sure Cubase has enabled Mic in the System Preferences, please.
Open macOS System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Microphone. Enable Cubase here.

It was the Mic configuration in Preferences!! Thanks for your help guys!! :slightly_smiling_face:

Just let me tell what it happened:
After installing the trial version, I launched C12 for the first time.
During opening process, a pop-up window asked me to allow Cubase to use the Mic. I clicked “Yes”.
The opening process continued, but finally Cubase didn’t started. It was freezed/crashed with the init window:

Suggestion:
If Cubase crashes at the first launching, it would be good that Cubase check the mic configuration at the second launching, and pop-up an alert if mic is not enabled in preferences.

Thanks again !!