C5.5.2 x64-No audio in mixdown from Prologue/Spector/Mystic

I know this issue was raised in the old forum:

Is anyone else still experiencing this problem? I get no audio during non-realtime mixdown if Prologue, Spector or Mystic are active.

I’m just wondering if there’s something wrong with my setup. However, if this is a common problem in Win 7 x64, has it been sorted in C6?

Thanks,

Sector

Anyone?

Bump!

Some VSTi’s require non-realtime. What happens if you move the entire song forward a couple of measures?

Thanks for the reply - sorry it’s taken me so long to get back to you. A bit busy at the moment.

Well I tried moving the song forward and nothing changed. If Prologue, Mystic or Spector are active in a project, there is no sound in my mixdowns when I use non-realtime export.

I was hoping that the 5.5.3 update might change something, but no luck.

Does anyone know if it’s possible to re-install Prologue, Mystic and Spector? I had a look on my C5 media but couldn’t find them. I’m assuming they are embedded in the C5 installation file.

Did you mean to say some require realtime export? I remember reading that some midi requires realtime export (I am assuming because some kind of buffer delay).

Yeah, realtime. It’s due to the different latencies of plugs.

I guess what I need to know now is whether this is a problem with my install or a 64 bit issue. Anyone else having difficulty with these 3 synths who is using C5.5.3 x64?

My third-party VSTis are all working great (some thanks to jBridge) with no problems during mixdown. I’m just curious to know what’s going on here.

I have half a mind (but only half!) to install C5 x86 and see if the Steinberg plugs work alright. BTW, I have no difficulties mixing down HALion or GrooveAgent One, it’s just Prologue, Mystic and Spector.

In playing around with the synths last night, I’m sure they don’t sound quite right either. At least some of the patches sounded terrible and not how I remember them from C4.

I can check them tonight. I installed 5.5.3 yesterday (looks like they did some serious smoothing to the graphics engine). These onboard synths, well I’m not sure if they are native 32 bit or 64. I can definitely tell you next time I power up the studio. I removed the VSTBridge App so all native 32 bit synths/plugs (that I don’t use anyway) are disabled in the list.

I’ll post back tonight and let you know.

@Sector 119,
I just pulled up a project and tested each of these synths out. They are working fine with no problems whatsoever. I also checked the plugin info, they are VST 3.1, fully 64 Bit capable. I have a pretty decent processor AMD Phenom II X6, and I can’t even tell if they nudge it.

I tried to mixdown using the standard method and got no audio either. I had to enable “Real Time Export”, and then I was able to hear everything. So you’ll have to enable that if you want to hear those synths.

Cheers!

@JohnOnKeys

Thanks for checking things on your system. It’s good to know that I’m not the only one with this issue.

I don’t think that these 3 synths are supposed to require realtime export - they didn’t for me in C4 32bit.

I’d be interested to know if anyone else is encountering this - it is possible that it could be a Win 7 issue. I think that C5 was only supported on Vista. Maybe there is something with the O/S that is interfering with these plugins.

Does anyone know if this happens in C6 as well?

[quote=“JohnOnKeyz”]@Sector 119,
I just pulled up a project and tested each of these synths out. They are working fine with no problems whatsoever. I also checked the plugin info, they are VST 3.1, fully 64 Bit capable. I have a pretty decent processor AMD Phenom II X6, and I can’t even tell if they nudge it.

I tried to mixdown using the standard method and got no audio either. I had to enable “Real Time Export”, and then I was able to hear everything. So you’ll have to enable that if you want to hear those synths.

Cheers![/quot

yes same for me just enable realtime.

just trying out 5.5.3 seem very very very STABLE i mean the thing is stable, that is a great update nice SB

novaburst

I’m encountering this problem as well.
I’m running 3 VSTs (HALionOne, Spector, Prologue) and 4 audio tracks. Only the 4 audio tracks get exported unless I enable “Real Time Export”.

This is first time I try exporting with C5. I was thinking it was normal at first until I read this thread.

I have not yet updated to 5.5.3.

I’m so happy that I finally found this post!

I have the same issue: Windows 7, 64 bit, Cubase 5.5.3., non-realtime mixing of a project with HALion combined with other instruments that came with Cubase (Spector, Monologue) leads to empty waves respectively you just hear the audio tracks. The worst thing is that it works sometimes e.g. I made two mixdowns back-to-back without closing the mixdown window. On the first one you can hear one of three midi events (of a third-party VST instrument track) were rendered—on the second one: nothing.

I already wrote to the Steinberg support, and just asked them if they have a clue what it may could be. They didn’t answer to this day.

Regards
Gojko