C5 & Addictive Drums: VSTi's Output settings not saved

Hi there,
after using only AD’s Master stereo bus for over two years now, today I received a Cubase project where it was necessary to set up separate outputs for ADs instruments, that means one output for Kick drum, another one for Snare etc. I followed AD’s manual’s advices and succeeded in routing the instruments to their own channels in Cubase (5.5) by activating the outputs in Cubases VST rack and clicking the buttons with the arrows in ADs GUI mixer section.

I saved the project, shut down Cubase and reopened the project after a while - facing a strange drum sound I definitely hadn’t programmed. I found the problem’s source quickly: AD’s buttons for routing the instruments into the cubase mixer channels were unlighted: All AD instruments were sent to its master bus. I activated the buttons again and everything was fine. But when reopening the project after my next break, I had to repeat this procedure - again, Cubase (or AD?) had not saved this setting.

OK so it’s no big deal, but I have to remind myself to activate the right buttons every time I open my project, which is a little annoying.

Any ideas what’s wrong here?

OK, I think now I know parts of the reason why it happens. (Though no solution is in sight.)

The problem occurred in two projects which had crashed in Cubase before but were saved and continued to work with under a new and different name. So I guess Cubase must have corrupted the .cpr files in some way so they don’t save AD’s settings anymore.

Tests with new projects showed no similar results and all settings were in place after reloading.

After my work with those problematic projects is completely done I’ll try the following workaround:

1. save AD’s current settings as both a VST 3 Preset AND an AD preset

2. save the settings and automation of the corresponding Cubase mixer channels

3. Open a second instance of AD AND load the formerly saved settings of the first instance (the VST Preset or the AD preset, whatever works better)

4. Load the Cubase mixer channel settings

5. In case I get identic sounds from both instances I’ll delete the first one and…

…see what happens. My hope is that Cubase does not lose the settings of the second instance which might be helpful if in the future another project crahses.

But I’ll try the things above only after the whole CD project is finished; I’m not willing to take any additional risks now.